What is a pagan?

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

The Mystic Pilgrim wrote:Well, here's my 2 cents worth...

Pagans were in Europe when the Israelites were still baking bricks in Egypt...

Pagans were in Europe when Mary was screaming with labor pains...

Pagans were in Europe when they executed a religious rabble-rouser right after the Jewish Passover... (Assuming that was a historically based event)

Pagans were in Europe when the Early followers of a Philosopher-Carpenter were struggle to define their message, their beliefs, and their leadership...

Pagans were around in one form or another before homo-sapiens were even homo-sapiens. So, for the Catholic church to try to define a family of religions that was ancient when their founders penned their holy texts is laughable to say the least. (define them as a religous path of outsiders and mal-contents I mean) Ok, maybe we can't directly trace our lineage to covens and circles and temples in the old days; but emotionally and philosophically we are very much their descendants. So, if anyone should be defining another faith in those terms, it should be us. Fortunately, we're not like them. We believe in leaving people alone to believe as they feel is right for them without having to fear persecution or being burned at the stake.
mmmmm...I like this a lot.

I may quote you, but you know...let's not limit it to Europe, shall we?

Mayans, Ainu, Cainites...all pagan...all pretty pieces of belief...:)

Return to “News/Articles”