Queen of the Damned

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
LUNAAMOR

Queen of the Damned

Post by LUNAAMOR »

does anybody in here liked the movie
i loveeeeeed it
and i love even more the soundtrack . so dark , so sexy .uuuhhhhh im going to go buy it today because my mom is leaving out of town for the whole weekend . and my hunny bunny is coming to my house :wink:
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Yep LOVED this film - loved Interview with a Vampire even more.

I've read the first three Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice over and over again. Such good books.
I've not read anymore though - I believe she's written rather a lot of them.
I've heard people say that they went down hill after the fourth but I don't know this one way or the other.
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

o yeah the dude that plays lestat he is soooooo sexy.. :wink:
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

Wow ... I thought this one was an absolute dud!
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

what is dud ?:?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

Dud: One that is disappointingly ineffective or unsuccessful. Another way to describe a dud is something that's just no good :P
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

i heard that the book was better . i think i need to go buy it and read it :D
Pav

Post by Pav »

Most of the time the books are better than the films :wink:
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

oh yeah that so true :D
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Except for the books written after the movie. Those suck.
It sucked for me. Mainly because Lestat is ....Lestat. And in the movie and the book, Akasha turns him into a puppy. That ruined it. Townsend was interesting enough, but it could be my own fascination with his hair.

Read "The Vampire Lestat" first. And my favorite is "The Body Thief". I'll pretend "The Devil Memnoch" never existed....
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I liked it but it's obvious parts of the story have been cut/shunted,as it lacks logical sequence in parts.I enjoyed Stuart Townsend as Lestat but was confused by Armand being portrayed very differently,in appearance from Interview's Antonio Banderas.My partner, thankfully, knows the books well and filled me in on the parts that didn't make sense.He loves the "Tale of the Body Thief "as well.I thought Aliyaah was great in the part,shame she died soon after.
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

well maybe the reason why i loved the movie was for the dude that played lestat. oooo so cute :D
but im still going to buy the book
hey does anyone in here had read
the dark hunter novels
by sherrilyn kenyon
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

oooh, books, I like books! (well I should considering I work at a bookstore) Anyways, I agree. Alot of books are better than the movies. Take eragon for exmple.... book good, movie bad. Lol. I did like Queen of the damned though and Interview with a vampire. My other favorite is The excorcism of Emily Rose, that was a good one also.
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

Like in so many movies I kind of wished the bad side won. Would be so much more realistic that way.

Harry
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

When I watched "Interview" I basically was thinking, "hey, they did this whole vibe better in Forever Knight" That's right, I said it, an under-budget Canadian TV show did the vampire thing better than the big whole Hollywood thing. But then, "Exit to Eden" was the first Anne Rice I ever read. :17:

Don't even get me started about the movie.

Do yourself a favor: Barbara Hambly does everything that Anne Rice does and does it so much better.

I can't remember names anymore, but basically the lead guy's sire made for a better ambiguously likeable "villain" than LeStat. There were parts I liked, but parts I didn't.

Never saw Queen of the Damned... was told by people I trust not to bother.

Oh, and Townsend *did* do a good job with what he had.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”