Is it a good book?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Zeltia

Is it a good book?

Post by Zeltia »

A few days ago I saw this book "The Spells Bible by Ann-Marie Gallagher" and I wanted to buy it ever since.
The thing is that I never cast a spell before I was just intrigued by the book so I want to ask you if it is a good book (a serious one) or if it is rubbish?
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

It was given to me by a friend but I still don't use it. I want to hear other people's thoughts about the book too :) And by the way, you may want to introduce yourself first at the introduction section of the forums.
Zeltia

Post by Zeltia »

Thanks kuotetsu, I just did :D
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Yeah.. The book contain lots of spells for almost on the daily use. However, have you observed that most of her spells uses juniper berries and rosemarys? But the book is a good read.
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

I have it too. I have used it a couple times. but I keep on forgetting I have it because I have soooooo many books.
Zeltia

Post by Zeltia »

Well I just came home after buying the book because I just couldn't wait to have it.
Kuotetsu what do you mean when you said that most of her spells use juniper berries and rosemarys?
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Zeltia wrote:Well I just came home after buying the book because I just couldn't wait to have it.
Kuotetsu what do you mean when you said that most of her spells use juniper berries and rosemarys?
most the spells inside the book requires juniper berries and rosemarys.. Maybe it's the author's fave.
Zeltia

Post by Zeltia »

Sorry Kuotetsu, I haven't had the time to read the book yet so I couldn't pay attention to what you said (I have a test on Tuesday and I'd better study or I won't pass) :roll:
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

skimmed the book already?
Zeltia

Post by Zeltia »

I just came home after the test (I passed :D )
Anyway, I just had a peep at the book. Up to now, it looks pretty good. It seems appropriate to have something to start with. Each spell is accompanied by an useful explanation so I'm happy I bought it.
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Yeah. I think so too. And even they explain something about symbols. pretty eclectic

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”