The Global Brain

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

The Global Brain

Post by Starwitch »

Please watch "The Global Brain" by Peter Russell. I think you will be inspired by it, especially as a pagan.

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts below.

Bright Blessings,
Starwitch
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replacing video with one that works
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I’m so glad i had enough time before dashing off to work to listen to the whole series.
The poem at the end was shivering. I loved it: "It takes so many thousands of years to wake, but will you wake for pity's sake"
Brilliant.
.. My mind is thinking on so many things.. almost lost for words.
Thank you for sharing this…

BB. Tymar.
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I read Peter Russels "From Science to God" a few years back and thought the man was a genius. There's no denying he's a clever man and very spiritually enlightened. Though his concepts and ideas are no longer new they certainly were at the time.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Hedge, I guess I should qualify this by saying that the book was actually written in 1992 and you may have already heard about this theory. I believed that the Earth was a living, conscious organism already, but I had never heard it expressed quite this way.

Tymar, I know what you mean. I could hardly sleep the first night I watched it because my mind was racing all night.

Bright Blessings,
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

He's very articulate and expresses himself in a clear concise way. It's half the reason I read his book - it was written in layman terms that my feeble brain could understand and grasp.
:P
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

This is from 1860

"The fossil strata show us that Nature began with rudimental forms, and rose to the more complex, as fast as the earth was fit for their dwelling-place; and that the lower perish, as the higher appear. Very few of our race can be said to be yet finished men. We still carry sticking to us some remains of the preceding inferior quadruped organization. We call these millions men; but they are not yet men. Half-engaged in the soil, pawing to get free, man needs all the music that can be brought to disengage him. If Love, red Love, with tears and joy; if Want with his scourge; if War with his cannonade; if Christianity with its charity; if Trade with its money; if Art with its portfolios; if Science with her telegraphs through the deeps of space and time; can set his dull nerves throbbing, and by loud taps on the tough chrysalis, can break its walls, and let the new creature emerge erect and free, — make way, and sing paean! The age of the quadruped is to go out, — the age of the brain and of the heart is to come in. The time will come when the evil forms we have known can no more be organized. Man's culture can spare nothing, wants all the material. He is to convert all impediments into instruments, all enemies into power. The formidable mischief will only make the more useful slave. And if one shall read the future of the race hinted in the organic effort of Nature to mount and meliorate, and the corresponding impulse to the Better in the human being, we shall dare affirm that there is nothing he will not overcome and convert, until at last culture shall absorb the chaos and gehenna. He will convert the Furies into Muses, and the hells into benefit."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

Thanks for sharing . I really liked it. I definately like how he explains the theory in such simple terms that anyone can understand. I will have to watch it again to take it all in, there was so much information.

I will definately be thinking of this for some time now.
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

im half way through it but got a bit distracted in part two, but i will watch it!!!

its quite interesting so far. ive never thought of the earth being a single consious organism befor but its a very interesting concept

Blessings

heka
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”