Terribly sick, any suggestions?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wolf Heart

Terribly sick, any suggestions?

Post by Wolf Heart »

I have got the cold from hell, if that's possible :lol:

I can't breath through my nose, my throat feels as though it's clogged up and I can't seem to get whatever it is out, and on top of that it tends to sting when I swallow. I've been coughing horribly and occasionaly (usually in the morning) hacking stuff up. Blech! I've been sneezing quite a bit to.

Anyone know of any good herbal teas or even just really good medicines that work? For some reason most cold medicines don't work well on me, the nighttime ones don't even make me sleepy for the most part.

Thanks!!

Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

when my grandpa was alive, he had a remedy of lemonade and whiskey heated. boy, if that didn't cure you nothing did! i'm sorry you feel so miserable though. i'm sending all good thoughts for a speedy recovery.
Colubra

Post by Colubra »

Personally, I'd try Benedryl. lol not very natural, but very useful. It makes me very drowsy though.

You could also try a nasal spray for your nose.

Luden's cough drops, cherry flavored, are good for a pained throat and tase yummy also.

Honey is also good for the throat.

Green tea has some good antioxidants to help you heal.

You could also take any vitamin C you can get.
AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

Fresh Carrot and Orange Juice
with a ton of Ginger and Garlic

it'll burn going down...it'll give you a little indigestion

and you'll feel sooooooooooooo much better.

(also...fasting and just drinking orange juice for a coupla days helps me 2)
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I'm trying to drink as much OJ as possible and of course got myself a big can of chicken noodle soup! The whiskey thing sounds interesting, i've had whiskey before and it certainly cleared up my nose when I had it, very potent stuff.

I forgot about ludens! Those are some of my favorites, used to eat em like candy lol. I think I have some green tea around here somewhere, not sure about honey though.

I might try that carrot thing, sounds interesting.

Thanks guy! Hopefully I get better soon!
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

Yep, that was my Grandpa's cold remedy too.

Oh my, my nose is stuffy and my throat hurts a little right now.

I think Silver Ravenwolf has a meditation where you visualize your chakras spinning, spin all the sick stagnant energy out and sink it into the ground. I like some her stuff including that one, some of her mediatation ideas might be a little fluffy. but they are good for people with short attention spans- or people who drank too much cold remedy. :wink:

Kolohe
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

Another great remedy that is close to the heated wiskey and lemonade is hot orange juice and cayenne pepper. The pepper helps with killer the bacteria/ cold germs and keeps the nose clear. The orange juice is vitamin C but also heated helps take away the taste and spicyness of the pepper.

It always works for me!

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

orange juice and -sorry Wolf Heart, i know this was directed to you- and cayenne pepper! holy cow i never heard of that one. i'll have to give that a try myself sometime.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

If you run a fever and cough up yellow or green phlegm or blow it out of your nose, you may be in need of antibiotics from a doctor.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

oracle's child wrote:orange juice and -sorry Wolf Heart, i know this was directed to you- and cayenne pepper! holy cow i never heard of that one. i'll have to give that a try myself sometime.
My dad used to give it to me a lot as a kid.

But then again he also used to make me drink a glass of homemade carrot juice when I was really little and sick.

to this day, I can't eat a cooked carrot.... :(

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

ha! i can imagine.
Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh »

Eucalyptus will clear your nasal passages and disperse any infected mucus in your throat and lungs.

Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl of steaming water and breathe it in, with a towel over your head. If you don't have eucalyptus oil, Vick's Vaporub has eucalyptus in it and rubbing it on your chest, temples and behind your earlobes will have the same effect.
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

Wow! I had a cold about a month ago and I was miserable! I'm going to try these suggestions next time!! I'm sorry that you're feeling bad, and I'm sorry for not posting a decent remedy, for i have none. :( I have a few now though so I'm happy. :D
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

Oh wait... I'll try out those remedies next time I'm sick EXCEPT the whiskey one..... I'm under-aged, lol. handball
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

being underage never stops me :P hehe

Blesings

Heka
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”