Weight Loss Program Discussion

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Risingpanther

Weight Loss Program Discussion

Post by Risingpanther »

So that the other thread doesnt get too crowded, for those of you doing my program thingy, here is a place to talk about it...make suggestions etc. Good luck, Gods be with you! Id appreciate any ideas, comments, etc, that you think would make it better. I cant do it ALL alone ^^
Eireayne

my first lesson...

Post by Eireayne »

Some things that helped me turn losing a pound into something attainable.

On average an adult uses 2000 calories for day to day living. So if you eat 2000 calories a day, then your weight will remain constant.

That means that in one week you would eat 14000 calories and keep the same weight.

1 pound of fat = 3500 calories.

So if you want to lose 1 pound a week you need to cut 3500 calories from your weekly diet. You can do it by changing your diet, or by burning extra calories exercising.

Another way to say it is that if you contain yourself to eating 1500 calories every day, by the end of the week you'll lose a pound. If you cut further calories by exercising, you'll lose more.

make sense? My trainer taught me this when I had only lost 7 pounds, and then I started to see a consistant, small and slow loss. So It will take time, but I'm not doing anything really crazy. Like only eating balogna and lemons, or drinking protein shakes, or skipping meals.

Fiber makes you feel fuller, reduces cravings. So does drinking a crap-ton of water.

Weight watchers Santa Fe Chicken frozen meal is my life-saver. 180 calories, full of fiber and tastes yummy. I sound like a commercial, but seriously, it's been working!

I bought new pants this weekend!!!!
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

First of all, I want to say the program you've written is really great.
I began yesterday, which fit nicely because it was also my back-to-school day after 2 weeks of Easter vacation. I have a general idea of the calories I consumed yesterday and they were definately no more than 1300-1400. I didn't excercise any, but I've got an excuse - too tired from school... I also did the New Moon spell. I like it, although I'm a really lame artist when it comes to realistic sketches.
Today I've eaten a tad more than I should - those stupid cravings I get around 3pm, the main reason I've gotten weight this year. I just sit watching one episode from a series (these months it's Buffy, before it was South Park) and I get so hungry I keep getting up and grabbing junk to eat. Today I took 4 small milk-caramel sort of, uh, gum? I've no idea what it is, my dad bought them, but they were really tasty! But I will eat lightly during the rest of the day, so it's ok. I'll do today's spell too, willpower's certainly needed...

Sorry for writing this much, I just thought I'd share it... It's nice to feel that this is a group effort.
Risingpanther

Post by Risingpanther »

Thank you for the tips Eireayne, and Lexi: I appreciate the feedback! I blew yesterday by about 300 calories @.@ But I am working on the spells and doing pretty well today. The willpower spell does help, and I also came up with a food blessing for week two to help with absorbtion and suchon...and remember Lexi, the gods know your limits. For mine I traced an outline from one of my anime books...and then studied myself in the mirror. Good luck for all of us!

Btw, how much do we each have to lose? I know its a bit personal but Ill tell you: I have 100 pounds or so to lose...(Im 5'2" and wide framed, so I should weight about 135 or so...I weigh about 235 or so..
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

I weighted myself yesterday and I was 80.6 kilos/177 pounds. I suffer from hypothyroidism so I know I can never be really thin, but I'd like to reach a more normal weight. I think 65 kilos/143 pounds is a nice target. I'm 1.62m, which I think is about the same height you are, so the ideal would be around 60kg/132 pounds (i love yahoo auto-conversions!), but I'm not sure I can reach that weight and keep it. But if I can do it, I will do it!
angelwitch

Post by angelwitch »

oh dear i just converted my weight from kilos to pounds!

At the moment im 88. kilos converted to pounds is :oops: 194 pounds :oops:

When i first moved to Spain i was around 64 kilos which is 141 pounds!
So i really want to get down to around this weight again! I still have all my "slim" clothes and would love to wear them again!!!! (I Will wear them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :)

Ive found for cravings when watch t.v etc that i chop up lots of vegetables, tomatos, cucumbers, peppers, celery, carrots and kind of raw veg, but i make a lovely low fat dip. Just use a pot of low fat Natural Yoghurt, and chop up a couple of cloves of garlic and add to taste a spoon of low fat mayo! Yummy! and great for those moments when you get the munchies!
If the yoghurt doesn´t take your fancy try using a low fat soft cheese!
(I love cooking and will post some low fat receipes/ideas i have if thats ok with you risingpanther?)

Good luck everyone!
Risingpanther

Post by Risingpanther »

Of course angel! Go ahead and post them here and Ill link to the posts when I put up next week's spells/rules and suchon. I am so happy for all of the support, things are so much easier with others to aid you!

Im glad you all found use in my plan, I hope to turn it into a book eventually (with due credit to you all of course!) and am so glad for the feedback...bring it on ^^
Eireayne

Bloody hell

Post by Eireayne »

Feeling awful today, thanks to crampage. Ate more m&m's than I should have (picking them out of trail mix.) The afternoon is the hardest time of the day, and I usually don't have time for anything more than a bowl of cereal in the morn. I should go exercise tonight, but am all ache-y and not feeling up to it. Am going to try and clear the space and do some of the dedication-y things this evening. Wrote my tips yesterday before I read "the plan". A big huge thanks to everyone involved. It feels great to be able to talk with/listen to other folks underatking this endeavor. To know that others share the struggle makes me feel less alone and powerless to change it.

I suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which can cause infertility. Symptoms include weight gain, acne, hirsutism (excess body hair) and some other unfeminine things. I am also insulin resistant, which is one step away from diabetes. The first thing fertility docs have PCOS gals try is losing weight, though it is extra tough because our hormones are all out of whack. Some cases of PCOS have been fixed because the lady lost her excess weight. So I see this diet as preparation for starting my family!!!!

Used to weigh 140 at HS graduation. Would be happy to get near 145-150. Currently weigh 185-ish, but at January I sat at the big 200. Am 5'7" and I too have my skinny clothes in storage. Pretty sure I'll want some new ones though, when I make it to my goal weight. A celebratory slinky red dress!!

Encouragement to all of you! Lets do this thing!
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

I don't know why I'm so interested in the Weight Loss Plan. I don't need to lose weight, I just need to tone. I'm only 64 kg (I don't know what that is in pounds, we don't use it here). I'm quite happy with my weight I just wanna make it look like less. Tone up my tummy and maybe my thighs and bum.

But healthy eating is a big thing and I think that's mainly why I'm interested in the WLP, cos it's healthy eating and willpower.

Plus I don't wanna lose weight, I'd lose it all from my boobs and I like my boobs!! :lol:
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Eireayne, my doctor thought that I had PCOS too, but I don't. I have similar problems (don't know the english medical terms) that could lead to PCOS, so my doctor's telling me that most of all I need to excercise a lot so that my body won't produce too much of a certain hormone. I also have to take birth control pills, because without them I can get up to 4 months with no period at all. But the pills make me all swollen and hungry, and I gain weight even easier than I did. Plus, around February when I stopped the pills for a month a cyst was formed - but when I started them again it went away...

Heka, in extreme contrast to you, I'd love it if my breasts could get smaller. They were big ever since I was 10-11 years old (when my period started - quite early, reason I'm only 1.62cm), but now with the pills they're even bigger, and it annoys me sooo much. Almost every shirt that's not a turtleneck seems kind of trashy. And I can't find pretty bras... :( So I hope that by losing weight, my breasts will get a bit smaller too. Actually I hope they'll get much smaller, but anyway...
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I would be happy to take some of your excess "breastage" off your hands..hehe My husband would be pleased as well! LOL
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Eireayne

Post by Eireayne »

Lexi - The gyn put my ovaries on the screen (sonograms see more than babies) and we could see all of the cysts. That confirmed it. I supposed to be taking pills (BC and something called metformin) but I don't like my health insurance situation, and so I go without. I also have grown monster boobies, but found an outlet in Renaissance festivals. Buxom women in corsets? I was like a fish in water. Plus, the corset is an awesome support for my back. I am actually comfortable in that medieval torture device :)

The loss of the first 15 saw a marked reduction in my Boob size (no worries, there is still plenty there.) while my butt also flattened a bit, the tummy is holding in there strong, with very little difference.

Being honest, I've not done any exercise for 2.5 weeks but have not gained any weight thanks to counting calories. Got to get my run back.

Earthwitch - If I could share, I would! :)

BB everyone!
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

yea it certainly doesn't help having health problems getting in the way I've got a bit of highblood pressure but all in all i've started workin out even it its just turnin some music on and dancing and doing push ups and sit ups i've kinda incorporated it into cleaning my house ha any exercise is better than none at all. I drink allot of green tea and water I take a water pill every morning as well although this may not be good for some I get a good flush.... I weigh 200lbs right now I've got an hourglass shape underneath it all i'm top heavy and got a bit of a booty but all in all other than my belly which is terrible I dont' look like I weigh as much as I do yea and like others on here too i'll never be skinny i'm built I have muscliar curvy heavy legs always have .... :P I'm optimistic though :) and am gonna work on it...
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Whoooohoooo two pounds gone! Not much, but it's a start!
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Eireayne

Congrats!!!!!

Post by Eireayne »

Woohooooooooo! Two pounds is awesome. When looking at the scale, anything lower than the last time is cause for celebration!!!!

*Gives High five to earthwitch*

*Shouts "Hooray" for curvy hourglass women everywhere!*

Return to “For Everyone”