'Garden Magick' Books - I'm between two

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Lexi

'Garden Magick' Books - I'm between two

Post by Lexi »

I've always loved herbs and gardens, but with school (and my fear of bugs) I haven't done much with the smallish garden we have. I would mostly pick some flowers and herbs with my father and then he'd plant them. But a few weeks ago I bought bulbs for Nigella flowers (they're really pretty) and after asking my dad about the whole procedure, I planted them myself, but first I blessed the bulbs and the ground and did a small visualisation of them getting to grow (since because our garden is really confined and doesn't get lots of sun, many flowers don't get to grow in it). And yesterday I went out to the garden, and they have all started to sprout - and it made me so happy! It's weird, but it was like I was watching something of mine grow and it made me extremely happy. And since not many things make me happy or interest me at all these days (I'm dealing with depression-like feelings for about a year) I decided I'll get more involved with my garden.

I've done a search on Amazon, and I found two books that seem to be good on the subject of... uh, I don't know how I should call it, garden magick, magickal gardening...

The two books are:

The Real Witches' Garden by Kate West
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Witches-Ga ... 0007163223

Garden Witchery by Ellen Dugan
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garden-Witchery ... 0738703184

Both of them seem pretty good, but since I can't get my hands on the books before I buy them, and only Garden Witchery has a "search inside" option, I was wondering if any of you have read these books or anything else from the authors? Which one of the two would you recommend?

Also, if you know any other good books on the subject, or any websites, I'd be really thankful if you'd post about them here.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”