OCD - Manic/Depressive and Suicidal - Need Help

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
katrebelNY

OCD - Manic/Depressive and Suicidal - Need Help

Post by katrebelNY »

I have just realized over the past month that I am OCD and might be manic depressive/bipolar. I am also frequently suicidal so if anyone would like to pretend that they care, please reply!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I care. What do you do that makes you OCD? Just curious.

katrebelNY

well....

Post by katrebelNY »

i constantly check during the night if the dorrs are locked and the windows and i frequently hear buzzing in my ears, i am an EXTREMELY picky eater, i am scared of people breaking in my house and i cant stop worrying, i have to have everything in my room just right, or i go crazy, it takes me like an hour to go to sleep, after all the checking i do, and i lock the front door 5 times in a row, and my window 3 times in a row.
_Snow_Falcon_

Post by _Snow_Falcon_ »

If you don't mind my asking, what's OCD?
Classified

Post by Classified »

Obsessive compulsive disorder, you just like to re-arange the towels untill you're happy, or make sure the soap is the right shape. You just obsess about minor things untill you're happy.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

You know we all care here, so no more of that "No One Loves Me" shit. If we didn't care we wouldn't talk to you . I know in your other post you have talked to your counsolur about this have you ever thought you might need to take a holiday to the clinic? If it is really afecting your life like that maybe you need more intense help that you aren't getting on the outside.
katrebelNY

hey

Post by katrebelNY »

well, a lot of times i feel like nobody loves me because since my mom basically abandoned me, ive been really depressed
Fanny

Post by Fanny »

well like JBRaven said we all care :wink:
So what step did you do to find out if you have it , or what you should be doing to help you with it? did you talk to your family doctor?
Im shure he would know what to do , but remember you are not alone im sure that even if you think or feel that no one cares im sure theres people close to you that do care about you ...so dont be afraid to ask for help :wink:
katrebelNY

hey

Post by katrebelNY »

Thanks Fanny!

Though I have not been officially diagnosed by a psychiatrist, I and my psychologist think I am OCD and possibly bi-polar/manic depressive. (what ever you call it) I always feel alone, but here I feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks to for making this site!!!

Luv you all,

Kat

p.s. I have no idea how to deal with it!!! do you?
JBRaven
Banned Member

My advice

Post by JBRaven »

You accept that you are OCD and Bipolar. When you get down on your self know that it is mostly the above stated. Talk to people, about the real issuses maybe getting it off your chest will help.
katrebelNY

hey

Post by katrebelNY »

Thanks, JBRaven!

Kat
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

You will probably have to have Behavior Therapy of some sort to help the OCD, plus some psychotherapy. And I think it is usually treated with drugs also if you have a debilitating case that really affects your day to day activity. Here is a link to the OC Foundation where you can find more specific treatment details. When looking for a psychotherapist, be sure to talk to different ones before settling on just one, and also make sure that they have a lot of experience treating OCD. You may want to ask for references. Different counselors are experienced with different disorders, so it's best to find one that specializes in the areas that you need help with.
http://www.ocfoundation.org/

Good luck.

GrayWolf

Post by GrayWolf »

Befor you go all out and try to chang somthing, ask yourself " Am I empathic?" If you are it could be that you are picking up on the emotions of others.With all the conflikting emotions it would drive a person nuts.Try Empathic blocking first. We all love you. You are of the same life that we are, we all care.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”