Quit Smoking Spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
GloryFades

Quit Smoking Spell

Post by GloryFades »

A good friend of mine has been smoking for around five years now, me and my boyfriend are trying to get him to quite but its really hard. He says he'll only quit for this one girl hes obsessed with, but she'll never go out with him, and she's a manipulative, caniving biatch. Personally I think she would mess him around (as she does now) so I don't want anything that would wind up putting them together because he'd quit for her. I think if he quit smoking he'd probably get alot more attention from the laydees (the right ones), which is what he wants , and it would obviously be better for him. I borrowed a book from someone that had a Vice spell in it but a, I cannot get hold of the book, b, I think it was a personal spell and c, I don't think it'd work. Thank youuuuuu. :D :D :D

Second question: How do spells work? I mean why do they need candles, or ribbons or incense. Is it a stupid question? Is it like the persons will forcing it to happen, if so why is there a need for objects and scrying and consecrating and stuff? I hope y'all don't think I'm stupid now, but you know, questions need answers. Oooh and did anyone try this spell and does it work?
Write the name of the person you are wondering about on a piece of paper. Fold the paper in half, then half again. Draw an eyeball on the outside of the folded page. Slip the page under your pillow and before bed repeat as follows:

With dreamers eyes I seek to see

What this person thinks of me.

Be it good or be it ill

Reveal to me as is my will

Close your eyes and picture this person sitting across a crowded room. The room is all a buzz with conversation you cannot hear clearly. This is gossip about you that this person started. It may be good things and/or it may be bad. As you move towards the person let yourself fall asleep. When you wake, jot down what you heard in your dream, particularly anything s/he said or did. Your answer will reveal itself. If you do not get the answer to your questions, consider what was revealed to you instead. Perhaps there is a truth you are missing that is more compelling then the one you seek.
Comus

Post by Comus »

Hmm...stopping smoking takes a lot of strength and motivation. I doubt wether casting a spell on your part would have much effect. Still you can try.
How do spells work? Good question. There's nothing too clear cut about spells. The same spell will work for one preson and not for another at times. It has a lot to do with the will, concentraton and energy of the person casting the spell, as well as the timing (depending on the spell) (e.g, harnessing the energy of the moon at certain phases). Some spells rely on articles used or worn by another person-this is fairly logical--every person has their own aura, energy and other such unique astral properties, and by working with such items, the effect of a spell are made more immediate. The use of ribbons and candles? Candles (obviously when lit) introduce the element of fire into your spell casting-a very powerful force. The inclusion of the elements in spells adds particular energies to the spell, and many Pagans believe it essential to include at least two of them in any spell. Ribbons are fairly symbollic, however they too can be a manifestation of the will ad energy of the caster--i tying a knot, you have created a physical representation of you will, which can work psychologically or energy-wise depending on the spell.
Hey, we're talking unseen forces here--best not to over analyse :)
Idz qaala
Classified

Post by Classified »

You cannot and must not cast spells to stop anyone loosing their freewill. You could encourage him to stop smoking, by if he thinks about giving up he may get good vibes from within pushing him to. But you can't cast a spell to give him lung cancer for example, and force him to stop.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

I think Marie used that spell and it worked.. cuz I gave it to her, and she told he she did have a dream
**Nothing is set in stone**
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

There are different planes of "existence" I guess you could say. We obviously live on the phsyical plane. Spells, with energy and visualization work on a different plane, and then are later manifested onto the physical plane. Hard to explain there.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I don't think you can do a spell to make someone else quit smoking. I don't believe it will work. Smoking is really hard to stop doing (I would know). It would be nice though if you could just accept your friend for who he is and not try to change him. I'm sure he'd appreciate that. He may have to have something very important happen in his life to quit smoking. My husband quit when his child was born. Of course, he started back up again when he met me five years later. Like I said, smoking is a very hard habit to break and it's hard to understand that really unless you've been a smoker. It's so natural that it's like trying to stop breathing or eating.

I personally don't think you have to have any sort of items to do spells. I think they are there more to help your focus than anything, though many witches do relate to the nature aspect of things like fire, etc. But spells can be done with mind power only, like you mentioned.

GloryFades

Post by GloryFades »

hey, thanks for your replies, I didn't want to make him just encourage him, I do accept him as he is and the smoking personally doesn't bother me, I just don't want him to have a really painful, early smoking related death. :cry:
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

I agree! Different colours can evoke different emotions in different people, for example red can invoke passion, and even anger at times, where as colours such as blue can have a more calming feeling, etc. You may even notice when someones found new love they might start wearing pink! So i therefore think thigns such as candles etc. are to help our minds focus, and to invoke the feelings and state of mind needed for the best outcome, if that makes sense :P Same thing as far as things like ribbons to bind things, it allows us to really visualise what we're doing.

And about the smoking, well perhaps you can try a spell not directly related to stop him smoking, but maybe towards the reasons? Most likely a dependancy, or adiction. But i still think you might need his permission.

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I definitely agree about needing permission... but another way around that is to possibly offer him a calming spell, something to help calm his nerves and stresses-- that alone may be what he needs to aid him if he truly does want to quit. (But trust me, you have to want to, otherwise nothing you try will do any good at all.)
Good luck to you.
Fanny

Post by Fanny »

Maybe a will power spell for him could work....
Never regret anything, because at one point ...it was exacly what you wanted!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”