book of shadows

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Witch13
Banned Member

book of shadows

Post by Witch13 »

hi all i would like to ask somehing..just out of couriosity, how did u make your own book of shadows (if it is hand made) ?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hi Witch13,

I actually have a couple of references that all function together as my sacred book. My most formal Book though, is actually just a three-ring-binder. I blessed it, asked for it to be protected, put in some things like the Rede and a personal blessing in the front of the content, and have it separated into sections. It's always growing, and is a very handy reference tool- no need to search mindlessly, it's all organized alphabetically; in sections! :28:

I also use a wonderful little computer program that holds all my spells/rituals/recipes/etc. I have another copy of that program on my ipod also, so I'm never without my reference materials. Now that I think of it, I'm going to go ahead and post a link to that site where I downloaded (for free) the online BOS.... so everyone can have a copy if they'd like. :28: I'll post it in the 'websites' thread, if you're interested in having a copy as well.

Blessed Be!
lilimitzuki

Post by lilimitzuki »

MoonStone, please post a link of the website, it seems awesome.
Witch13 I think that is better to use a binder because you can always add more pages to it, not like a notebook in which you only have a limited number of pages to write on. If you are going to do an electronic BOS make sure to have 2 copies of it.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

It's posted under "Web Sites" thread, lilimitzuki. :28:

Hope you enjoy using it as much as I do. (And yes, you're totally right-- if anyone out there uses an electronic BOS, do definitely keep 2 copies. Thanks for adding that!)

~Blessed Be!
[Silver Dove]

Post by [Silver Dove] »

I have a small note book, as well as an electronic BOS. My electronic BOS is saved on both hard drive and CD. My note book BOS only has basic things that I may need to refer to if I am on the go and don't have my laptop, such as correspondences, simple spells that don't need too many tools etc.
May love, peace & hope always be with you. Blessed Be!

Silver Dove
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

I use a small notebook aswell, I didn't plan on having a book of shadows, just started writing stuff down before even realising that that was what I was doing. A ring binder sounds like a good idea, although I know I wouldn't be able to keep it in order. I am truly terrible with stuff like that. Might try the electronic one though o: thanks

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”