World will end in 2012?

General questions and conversations about astrology.
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

People who are spiritually adept would give into this because they are taken by fear.

...who are NOT.
My bad.
Xal

Post by Xal »

Lol, I figured that's what you ment.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
AlexanderDragonwolf

Post by AlexanderDragonwolf »

People tend to misinterpret prophecies. The world will not end in 2012. There will "only" be an apocalypse :)

Apocalypse is Greek, it means "lifting of the veil" or "revelation". And that's exactly what is happening.. what has started happening.. it's not like it's gonna happen in 2012 in one day. It's on air.. it's live right now.
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

The end of the world as we know it! I have read in a magazine that what is most likely to happen (based on NASA experts) is a giant space storm? something like that, that will cause the end of electricity of our world and we will have to begin again from zero, it sounds stupid but thats what I have read, its not that I totally believe it.

But let me tell you something, Earth will never be destroyed, she will most likely destroy us, for destroying her envireoment. so whatever will happen its our own mistake, and we will just pay the consequences.

Although I would like to believe that once again Mother Earth, will act as a mother, and won't let us die. but who knows? she might be pissed! :evil:
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

People tend to misinterpret prophecies. The world will not end in 2012. There will "only" be an apocalypse
Sources?

If this is even remotely based on the mayan calendar i will personally flame you. That being said, lets move on...
a giant space storm?
Pretty much. The sun has an 11 year cycle where it goes from being massively active, spitting out bits of itself, the solar wind picks up and its radiation picks up to being really quiet, no sunspots, no weird activity, it just sits there.

Now.... the solar wind is a stream of charged particles, it is what causes the northern/southern lights (aurora). Essentially this "wind" is pushed out by the sun, some of it hits the earths magnetic field and is directed to the poles, here it enters the atmosphere at last and because it is so highly charged and excited it bashes into gas molecules in the upper atmosphere and makes those molecules exited. Some of the energy escapes and turns into light and hence we see the light display in the sky. Its harmless, completely. However....During a period of high activity on the sun, which is set to peak in 2013 (NOT 2012.... but it will still be active then, and in 2011, 2014, 2015...etc.....) the sun can "explode" a little bit. Essentially if you imagine the sun as a shed load of magnets, all crammed in together, and the magnetic fields are like elastic bands, twisting, tying up, stretching etc... until a big group of those bands stretches out into a big loop coming out of the sun, they keep stretching until they all snap violently. When they snap they fling out parts of the sun, this is called a coronal mass ejection (CME) now, that CME isnt hot or poisonous but it is like the solar wind highly, highly charged, almost like a crackling cloud of lighting that you cant see. Out of coincidence this exact thing happened just a few days ago. Last tuesday/wednesday a coronal mass ejection from the sun hit the earth. What happened? Bugger all! It was a small one i admit and the northern lights were seen in northern Europe lower than they normally are but no damage or panic.

The problem is that the earths magnetic field can be broken or dented, like facing a strong wind with an unbrella if the wind (solar wind) is strong enough the umbrella (magnetic field) folds in and is useless. Thats what can happen during a big CME. The torrent of charged particles hits the earth, breaks out barrier and its in, it is harmless to us animals and plants, however i am sure you have seen films where an EMP device goes off and all the computers break. Thats what a CME would do. Essentially the CME is like a battery cloud, its full of electricity, when that stream of particles hits a long wire, like a power line, it induces a current, it makes electricity basically. If the cable is long enough then lots and lots of charged particles from the CME hit it and the electricity gets stronger and stronger until it blows up the transformers in a power station, similar to the way a power surge blows, or trips, a fuse in your house. That means no electricity. It can also happen in phone lines.

Its not a big deal because as soon as the solar storm passes it all goes back to normal so we can repair it. The problem is it would takes years to get the big grids across europe and north america back up and running because so many transformers would need replacing and we only have so many electricians and replacement parts. I believe the plan is that if a big CME is detected (we have satellites watching the sun constantly) the transformers can be disconnected from the grid and nothing will happen. Once it is over we reconnect and go on with life. So perhaps a powercut for 2-5 days. Meh.

Sensitive equipment might need to be shielded by a metal wire (faraday) cage but it wont end the world and more importantly it probably wont happen. Whats more it has already happened. Once in 1989 the Candaian grid was knocked out by a mediocre storm and once back in the day of telgraphs before phones there was a MASSIVE cme and the telegraph network was knocked out. It isnt life changing, it isnt world ending and it isnt special. It happens all the time and whats more it doesnt involve the whole sun, the CME is ejected from just a small area so the chances of it hitting the earth are small.
AlexanderDragonwolf

It's too soon for sources. Sorry.
Again, if you read my message, it said "it is happening, as we speak". Maya or no maya, bible or no bible, it is happening, for those who see, and it is certainly happening for those in touch with the.. source.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

What do you mean by "Too soon for sources"

I meant what are your sources of information, IE how do you know it is happening?

How can you prove this is happening? There are plenty of loonies who are deluded but they arent evidence. You could argue that they arent crazy but then how would you describe those that have killed themselves in mass suicides because they thought the world was ending tomorrow? I would call them loonies.

So, assuming you "feel" something, or believe something is happening what makes you different from those that have gone before you and been proven wrong?

Just curious...
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I hope this change is the legalization of marijuana, people may gain a new mind on this 'drug'.

Its already happening, In California as we speak. They are slowly changing the medical marijuana shops into what looks like a smoke shop....They are going to be taking the tint down and everything in the next few months.

I have worked up my doubts over this '2012' apocalypse, not from peoples personal opinions swaying my mind, but becuase people are saying so many different things that are ridiculous that I don't even care for the hype no more. When it happens, it happens. The sun will explode someday, as it is a star. Who am I to say that it will happen in 2012?

Just like y2k, all technology will shut down. But the computer worked fine that morning!!

On December 13, 2012, Shadowx will be laughing his ass off on a tall building, pointing at the hundreds of people coming out of underground bunkers like 'duh? what happened? Nothing?'
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

On December 13, 2012, Shadowx will be laughing his ass off on a tall building, pointing at the hundreds of people coming out of underground bunkers like 'duh? what happened? Nothing?'
And i cant wait ;)

I Really wish more people would come out with their silly theories and post them publicly but everyone is too scared to! Its a shame really as it will be less fun mocking them all. I wonder how many people will commit suicide on the 11th of december? And wonder how many people will miss them? Not many is my guess :D
AlexanderDragonwolf

shadowx wrote: You could argue that they arent crazy but then how would you describe those that have killed themselves in mass suicides because they thought the world was ending tomorrow? I would call them loonies.
I undertand and agree with you that one cannot tell the difference between a loonie and someone who is right, when they both say the same thing. This is why I'm not gonna try to tell you I'm not a loonie :)

I'm pretty sure the world will not end tomorrow, neither will it end on December 21, 2012.
I'm talking about a shift in the way we live, a shift I and some other people have been feeling, regardless of the mayan prophecy. But again, I might be a loonie, so let's just wait and see. We have been waiting for hundreds of years, 2 more years and we'll know, I'm not in a hurry, and have no intention to kill myself haha xD
Ravencry wrote:I hope this change is the legalization of marijuana, people may gain a new mind on this 'drug'.
Yes, this is one thing that is happening. And it's happening way before 2012. You'll see lots of changes this year and 2011 about this and not only.

I'm totally against the lunatics who encourage fear. The world is already troubled as it is, and proposing end-of-the-world-fear does not help one bit. Are you guys familiar with the "law of attraction"? I'm not a great fan but one thing about it is true: one should focus on where he wants to go, not on where he doesn't want to go, cuz you always get what you focus on. I bet that if everyone focused on the end of the world we could get it before it's 2012. Fortunately, there still are sane people around.
Ravencry wrote:On December 13, 2012, Shadowx will be laughing his ass off on a tall building, pointing at the hundreds of people coming out of underground bunkers like 'duh? what happened? Nothing?'
The "end of the world" is said to be on December 21, not 12.
What I think will happen on that particular day?
Well, let's put it this way.. the world right now has more negative momentum than positive momentum, so we got lots of wars, people starving and you name it. 2012 might be the time where the positive threshold is reached, and positive momentum surpasses the negative one.
So, 2012 to me is just a new beginning, rather than an end. And in all of this, we are the actors, we're not supposed to wait for the gods to do this, we do have the power.
Hope my message got through this time :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

So essentially you think nothing will happen.

Your argument being that there are natural disasters and wars and what not (or possibly just man made disasters) but mainly you mentioned war, and that after 2012 there will be less war.

The ebb and flow of violence has been going since the day primordial man picked up a stick and beat his brother over the head with it. Wars come and go, violence comes and goes but it doesnt mean that the galactic center has aligned and wiped out the bad stuff, or that some god has stopped the wars, all it means is that a war was won or lost and when you win a war that war stops, likewise when the war is lost, the war ends.

So by you saying that you think there will be less negativity in mankind you are saying that the process of human activity will carry on as it always has and nothing different will happen and no changes will be made.
AlexanderDragonwolf

Not really. I have a lot of faith in God. I believe it is his will for wars(etc.) to end. I have no belief regarding galactic center alignment, etc. I see changes happening as we speak, and think they will continue peaking for the next couple of years. Again, you do not seem convinced and I'm not into bringing proofs of this happening, for now.

I'm just doing my part, and think we should all do something about it.

God may as well appear to you right now and you still wouldn't believe, it's human nature. And you don't really have to believe in God. All one needs to do is realize that the way we are treating this planet and our fellow human beings is far from good, and realize that if we all do our best, things do change, regardless of faith and prophecies. the question is, will you do your best? This is all that matters, really.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

This is all assuming god is real, which he isnt. In fact i am god, the god of myself. and that is important because you are the god of yourself, and your surroundings. Who decides if the spider on my wall lives or dies? Me. Who decides what job i get... me. Who decides if that cat across the road gets kicked to death? Possibly me. Of course, i would not intentionally harm an animal unless it were a safety situation. However my point is this... you say it is gods will for wars to end. (actually, i have another question, whos god? Yours? Allah? Jesus?) Anyhoo, your god wants the war to end... how does he think that is going to happen?

He has a few choices, one is to sit back and hope, another is to forcibly control everyone on the planet to not commit violence, the other is to remove the stimuli for war via murder and theft.

None of those are practical.

War will *never* end.
AlexanderDragonwolf

shadowx wrote:(actually, i have another question, whos god? Yours? Allah? Jesus?)
None of them are God if you say "whos god". God doesn't belong to any nation or religion. I don't believe in any religion. God can be seen in quantum mechanics for that matter. The real God got nothing to do with what people label him.

He has a few choices, one is to sit back and hope, another is to forcibly control everyone on the planet to not commit violence, the other is to remove the stimuli for war via murder and theft.

None of those are practical.

War will *never* end.

Another choice would be inspiring people, sending people like me with his message trying to get to the hearts of people. Because as you say, each one of us is God, and as gods we have the power to choose not to rage wars anymore, don't we?

I don't wanna sound crazy, but I am ready to bet $1k there will be no more wars after 2012, possibly 2011.
Now, all the bad stuff going on in the world, which seems to get worst, I consider it to be.. birth pains.

I also think this conversation has gone too far, and I'm not your dancing monkey. I expressed my views and don't have to prove anything or convince anyone. And why are you even on such a forum if you are an atheist anyway? I've been an atheist myself, and I wasn't here trying to convince people their beliefs are stupid. Good night.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I am indeed an atheist.
God can be seen in quantum mechanics for that matter
Which part of quantum mechanics? I use quantum mechanics to explain, to an extent at least, magick and the astral planes so i am interested to see what parts you attribute to the supernatural. Purely out of interest as it doesnt relate to this thread at all.

As for inspiring people... he could try. Sure he has changed you but there is no way that you, or anyone else, could change me to make me believe in this god. The only thing that could is for him to appear in my living room right now. but even then i would be inclined to think it is merely a very powerful spirit entity and not a god. There is the problem. If i were a war hungry leader then this god wouldnt be able to stop me making war, not easily anyway.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”