Guardian Angel?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Nokken

Guardian Angel?

Post by Nokken »

I have yet, not to get any explanation of this encounter that I has happened to me. It's very strange.. yet so amazing. Anyways here goes my story.

I was about seven when my family, and I went to the beach for some fun. I vividly remember it being fairly sunny outside. That's besides the point right now though. Anyways.. somehow the current's and waves managed to drift me out to where my tippy toes slipped from the sandy ground. Waves crashed over my head and I could have been drifted out to see in a matter of seconds. As I screamed for help no one helped me. Not even the grown ups that could stand in the very deep water.

I choked on the salty water and struggled to fight my way to shore. How I ever managed to do it I have no ideal. Was it a Guardian Angel perhaps? For I know that a small child like that is no match for the strong currents/waves like that.

But the strangest thing of it all was... The moment I regained my breath and my vision went back to normal, I noticed there were huge jellyfishes everywhere and they were not there when I went into the water.

Anyways theories would be nice, and thanks for reading.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Jellyfish

Post by Release.the.bats »

Maybe, your totem animal is a jellyfish.
Do you feel a kinship or fascination with them?
Nokken

Post by Nokken »

Hmm.. I never thought of that before. I think they are pretty cool.. but I use to be afraid of them. I always thought my animal was a horse or cat.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Totem

Post by Release.the.bats »

Sometimes your main totem animal can surprise you.
I always thought mine was a bat and it turned out to be an owl.
Here is some information of jellyfish totems:
http://www.sayahda.com/cyc.html
http://spiritlodge.yuku.com/topic/946
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Re: Totem

Post by Crowfeather »

Release.the.bats wrote:Sometimes your main totem animal can surprise you.
I always thought mine was a bat and it turned out to be an owl.
Here is some information of jellyfish totems:
http://www.sayahda.com/cyc.html
http://spiritlodge.yuku.com/topic/946
Yeah, how do you really know what your main totem animal is?
I've always felt a kinship (well, more of a fascination) with Crows or Ravens (no i'm not a little gothic kiddie), but I'm still not sure what mine is. I've felt admiration towards Spiders and Wolves, often Bats.

Anyways, your Spirit Guide could come in the form of your totem animal.
That's why I thought mine was a spider for a while, because whenever I was talking to my gf, a spider always crawled on my face or shoulder(we were outside) and she'd brush it off.
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

you could have more than one. i think thats a possibility.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
emmi116

Post by emmi116 »

your totem animal may surprise you like release.the.bats. said. i'm a artist and i'm a little obsessed as a matter of fact, but whatever. so anyways, i'm very very afraid of spiders and i can't stand the sight of one, not even on tv. i grew up with spiders appearing everywhere in my house as a child and i always thought that it was because my house is a fairly old house. although that IS a possibility, i realized about 3 years ago that spiders are the earth's TRUE artist....just think about it, they make beautiful pieces of art their whole lives. i realized then, that maybe the reason spiders were appearing out of no where growing up was because they are my totem animal.

so don't be surprised if the jellyfish is your totem animal, even though you were once afraid of them.
love always,
emmi
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

More than one? Hmm.... *scratches chin thoughtfully* The spontanious appearing of spiders does seem to be strikingly similar. They never bite you either, do they? My brother sometimes woke up in the mornings with bites, but never me.
Speaking of spontaious appearances, it seems wherever I go, I can look and find a crow. I know they're a common bird, but it seems odd...
I'm very careful not to be flighty with this and say, "Oh, owls are so cool, i want them to be my totem! Oh and squirrels! Sometimes cats...." and so on, because I love every one of those animals, but it's not wise to just 'assume' they're my totem. I look for things that don't seem normal, like the constant appearance of crows or spiders.
I've heard of people going on meditation trances to find their animal, but if you've read any of my other posts in the OBE section, you know I'm astrally challenged, heheh. So I'm just looking for signs.

Oh, Emmi, the story of Arachne is of a mortal challenging Athena to a contest of weaving (art!!!). I thought you might enjoy it.
http://www.goddess-athena.org/Encyclope ... rachne.htm
emmi116

Post by emmi116 »

No, I've never been bitten and I mostly see them in the places I'm mostly in in my house, like my bedroom or in the basement where I do my work. And believe me I'm not saying they're my totem animal because they're "cool"...even though I appreciate what they do for us and for the world I still get freaked out when I see them. I don't kill them because I believe they are some sort of guide for me (and also my great grandmother thought it as bad luck) I just leave them; I even leave the room and come back later haha.
love always,
emmi
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

Yeah I thought so. I won't kill them, because I always feel really bad, no matter what it is I kill. If it's a brown recluse I catch it and take it outside tho... I'm deathly afraid of those guys.
emmi116

Post by emmi116 »

yeah same. i just wikipedia-d recluse...i couldn't even look at the pic for even 5 seconds, literally. haha...i get amused by scaring myself.
love always,
emmi
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

emmi116 wrote:yeah same. i just wikipedia-d recluse...i couldn't even look at the pic for even 5 seconds, literally. haha...i get amused by scaring myself.
I know. They seem to move different from other spiders. But the scariest thing is that their venom rots your flesh. *shivers* I've seen horrible pictures.
But we should stop talking about spiders in the Angel/Spirit Guide posts section.
I'm going to write a spell for protection from spiders, I'll post it when it's done.
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I really can't deal with spiders at all. They just scare me so much.

I feel it's a cliche but I've always loved cats, and always felt connected to them. I can't say I've noticed any particular animal showing up a lot around me though.

Kaida
Lau
MoonCat

Post by MoonCat »

What she said, up there.

I can't abide spiders. I'm extremely arachnophobic. I've always figured my totem animal was the cat. I seem to have an affinity for Sekhmet and Bast, and I seem to attract cats. I swear I have this psychic cat hobo sign in my yard. "Kind lady lives here. Free kibble. No dogs."

I have a question about spiders, but maybe I'll post it in another thread.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”