Meditation Advice?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

I also enjoy guided meditations.

Another great way to train your mind into stillness is to do the count meditation. Get into your relaxed pose and begin counting "1..2...3...4..." The goal is to reach ten without losing focus, but you will lose focus at first. Anytime you sense your mind wavering or have nagging thoughts in the background, start over. Don't get frustrated, it'll be a good awhile before you can get to ten.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
sweetheart72650

Post by sweetheart72650 »

I have always found meditation easy. I first discovered it standing in the middle of my aunts yard in mid-fall when i was about 8. I remember it perfectly, I thought if i could just be silent for a second I would remember something important. So I just did it. It took years before I felt the urge to do it again, I was in the middle of a crisis and I realized that I had done it by accident as a child I could do it intentionally as an adult.

Here's My process: I sit cross legged on my bed focusing on the feel and the sound of my breathing, concentrating on slowing the rhythm. after just a few seconds I feel a deeply relaxed state where my breathing is slowing and my hearing is more sensitive (I can hear my heart beating) that sound pretty much blocks out everything else then I push a little deeper and I feel heavy, like my body weighs a ton, from there i don't really know what happens sometimes I fall asleep and wake up feeling comforted, relaxed and happy, and other times i lose the feeling and come back to reality feeling drained. It depends on what I'm trying to do how long I'm aware of what's going on. The only time that I managed to both mediate and be fully and completely aware of what my body was doing I was in hard labor. It was the weirdest experience I've ever had. I have never felt my mind divided before or since that day.
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

i have always enisioned a tree root from mother nature coming from the ground and attaching itself to my tailbone and i protect myself with the elements. when im in my head im there to soley concentrate on problems im facing and ways to solve it. I like reading this page everybody certainly has some great ways of meditating but one thing to always remember its your mind... BE FREE! to do what you want in your mind its your own little slice of peace.
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

I can't remember which book this comes from, but I read it when I was learning about Buddhism and it might help.
try a "walking meditation"
be somewhere familiar to you, someplace you feel safe and have room to walk

one step forward.....breathe in
pause
next step forward....breathe out
pause
repeat

this forces you to focus on your breathing and as with anything, with time and practice you will feel your inner focus change
john85uk

Re: Meditation Advice?

Post by john85uk »

What about visualising chakras? How does that work? Are there 7 and are you supposed to visualise different colours. When I practised witchcraft many years ago (I'm rejoining the path now) I had a little book which told me about meditating opening chakras but it was very difficult to concentrate and remember what order and what colours etc.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”