Any one else feel insulted by this anti-Wicca page?

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
ElfieNightglade

Re: Any one else feel insulted by this anti-Wicca page?

Post by ElfieNightglade »

I was rather shocked to see this guy calling Mother Mary a whore. He really hates anything that is not protestant christianity, doesn't he? Yeah, slightly annoying, but it's obvious how ignorant this man is and even more obvious that he's not worth my attention. It's funny how all his arguments just sounded like a lot of unfounded ranting. Ugh, I hate bigotry. I also hate the way those types of Christians act. I hope that they can change their ways and open their hearts one day.
black dove

Post by black dove »

Hahaha, love this thing XD He's so ignorant. Only thing that I disagree with on this is the "The All is an energy field..." I wouldn't say its a field... rather, an omnipresent force.

My favorite part though, is the very end. Its just so... so... so much like Westboro Baptist Church XD
Just looking for the answers to life.
)O( Blessed be
Peregrine

Re:

Post by Peregrine »

One Walker wrote:And then you've got your Organized Hinduism rearing its ugly head:
The only way to heal your soul is through meditation.

This is the right way of living life. A person leading his or her life in such a manner can said to be spiritual in nature.
Ah.... another group with the 'One True Path'. :lol: I love how these people are starting to load in threads here looking for converts and sales for their books and courses while sporting their "One True Path' philosophy and yet hardly anybody has commented on it.

Hmm... I wonder... How bad would the uproar be if it were Christians doing that? :wink:

One Walker.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I realize your post is old but had to say that I got one of those recently. Oh, I've seen plenty of ugly fights back and forth, not always involving any Christians. I've seen it get nasty between Hindus, Muslims, and occasional Sikhs. Now I have stated that I see relations between ancient Mesopotamian polytheism and modern Hinduism. This does not make me want to convert to HInduism, however, for a number of reasons. Nothing against Hindus as people or Hinduism as a religion, but at least overall they never got nasty with me for it, at least not yet.

I laughed myself breathless over a fight I witnessed between, of all people, a Luciferian and a Satanist. That is not something I'm used to seeing at all. I've seen Christians and Muslims call each other "demonic" as an insult to cheese each other off, but in this case the Luciferian kept calling the Satanist "Christian," which increasingly cheesed him off each time. Meanwhile he's calling the Luciferian a false Satanist, someone who does not have the balls to be a real Satanist. I had to admire the Luciferian in that one, though; it somehow reminded me of any cartoon between Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam, as he danced around the Satanist and made him look like a bungling clown. That is not something I see usually but it was funny. In my experience they usually prefer to avoid such fights. They had to have been kids, or at least the Satanist had to have been a kid, and an angry one at that. :lol:

Even better were a couple of Reptilian Conspiracy theorists, back and forth, how they are coming back to destroy us says one, and the other says no they are returning to enslave us. Was not sure what to make of that one. Does David Icke want them to be that way? :lol:

There are a lot of Chrisitans out there that are good people and would not behave like that. I've studied a lot about the Bible and to be painfully honest, I think it just makes them better people than their book. I do not like religions of fear and so many religions can be that way. Discipline is one thing, but terrorizing people into some narrow path (to keep them ignorant and obedient) is another thing altogether.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
scaravich

Post by scaravich »

My favorite part was the manga girl at the bottom in the animated gif spouting random blasphemy or whatever. It was hilarious. Also the music wtf! When was this page made, 1993?
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

you know there was a pope that said if christ ever had a wife she was a whore.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

If Christians would actually read about our religion maybe they would better understand we dont believe in Satan!! Argh I cannot stand that stereotype! Anyhow the site didnt really insult me, just made me laugh because its too opinionated. You dont see us making sites or blaspheming their religion. Most of us just simply say, they dont understand. Which typically is the truth. And wow to call mary a Whore?? Hello she is supposed to of been a virgin. Im lost LOL! So glad I am Wiccan because at least there are no grey areas!
scaravich

Post by scaravich »

I don't think, from a Christian perspective, it matters if we believe in Satan or not. To them, our non-belief is a trick of Satan. When we practice whatever we practice, since it's not Christian, it is Satan luring us away from God.

They don't think that we actively think in our heads "Oh, I am believing in and worshiping Satan!" but rather that Satan is tricking us into believing in and following the "wrong" path, and so we're on Satan's path (whether we know it or believe it or not).

Though the people who believe we actually do believe in and worship Satan are probably not much of Christians themselves, so we shouldn't really judge the religion based on those kinds of crazy/stupid people, because they don't represent Christianity any more than Harry Potter represents Wicca.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Meh, turn them all into frogs... Next topic? :fairy:
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

I'm afraid whoever wrote that site is in danger of hell. Jesus tells us that through love can one obtain eternal life. Judgment,anger,disharmony,resentment,cruelty are all not of Jesus but ego/Satan. Jesus even told a pagan that he was impressed with his faith and that many people would enter heaven while the self-proclaimed sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. Many Christians follow Paul and disobey Jesus. Paulinism is the opposite of Jesus. Paulinism/fruit of ego=misogyny,homophobia,egocentrism, salvation through faith,everlasting suffering, a God of anger who love Christians only. Jesus/fruit of love=selflessness,compassion,kindness,mercy,salvation through good works,temporary suffering,a God of mercy who loves everyone unconditionally. People who bear the fruit of love are following Jesus and are not in danger of hellish misery. People who bear the fruit of ego are following Satan, by their fruits they are known. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit and Wicca is a good tree. Jesus would be very happy with most wiccans.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”