Any one else feel insulted by this anti-Wicca page?

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

atheist of peace wrote:Any one want me to debunk this line by line?
Ah, come on AoP... that would be too easy. :)
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

RuneGeek wrote:
atheist of peace wrote:Any one want me to debunk this line by line?
Ah, come on AoP... that would be too easy. :)
I know. I know. But soo much fun...and worth a good laugh.
PaganEgyptian

Post by PaganEgyptian »

The strongest ammo I have against attacks are avoidance. They hate that.

Organized religions love to start wars, it's written into the religion itself to do so. You can find it everywhere. Thats why I dont believe in Organized religion.... Why does one need leadership unless it was on a mission of power or control?

I just tell them the correct meaning of the word "Myth" dating back to its Latin origin, meaning Story...... NOT the perverted pretense as its used today, indicating falsehood, folklore or imaginary.

They HATE that, when I tell them, by definition, the Bible, Quran, Torah, etc. are ALL Mythologies. They cant rebuke fact, and will sidestep and pervert the argument like they always do.
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

PaganEgyptian wrote:They HATE that, when I tell them, by definition, the Bible, Quran, Torah, etc. are ALL Mythologies. They cant rebuke fact, and will sidestep and pervert the argument like they always do.
And then the response - which I've actually gotten on more than one occasion - is "but we know the Bible is the Word of God because it says so!"

People just don't seem to realize how ridiculous that is.
Ashe

Post by Ashe »

I find it completely funny. Honestly what did you expect though lol I have never met an open minded christian. Thats not to say they are not out there just that i have been all over the world and never met one. The Author is denouncing using the bible...yeah um ok. The bible was written by men...foilable men. Alot of their stories taken from those much older...Noah's Arc is a new version of what happened in the ancient text Gilgamesh. Many number of stories have much older fathers that have nothing to do with the Christian God. The holidays they celebrate are pagan in origin. I'm not saying that Christianity is bad or wrong or anything of the sort. But when you rip apart anothers religion using one book...that is foilable and can back it up with little else then the author is just unoriginal. I dont know what people expected but it was a laugh riot to me, always has been always will be.
To conquer others is to have the power to destroy, but to conquer ourselves is to heal the world.
Ashe
BlackTeddyBear

Post by BlackTeddyBear »

I love how they can bash a religion they know nothing about. The overall basis of their arguement on this obviously uninformed website is 'what the Bible says'. Obviously they haven't considered the fact that the 'Bible' wasn't written by 'God' or 'Jesus', but by people who studied their lives... if you believe that they even lived at all. I personally don't, but i digress.

Something I quoted from that webiste:

"Wiccans are openly acceptant of sexual sins which are Biblically prohibited. Witchcraft is infamous for sexual rituals and ceremonial nudity. Anton LaVey, founder of the CHURCH OF SATAN, wrote a book called, The Satanic Witch, in which teaches women how to take advantage of men. The book is pure evil and promotes the sins of feminism and sexual immorality. From researching their own writings and websites, witches are well-known for lesbianism, orgies and sexual licentiousness. No wonder they have such an attraction for the Pagan god, Pan (the world's foremost sexual pervert)."

Witches are well-known for what?? Lesbianism, orgies, and sexual licentiousness? There are so many flaws in that I'll just let you all think about that... Plus I love how they refer to Pan as a 'sexual pervert'. What happened to Christians being unjudgemental and accepting?

Okay, so maybe infuriation is definitely not the way to deal with these things, but seriously?! Wicca as a whole seems to me to be a very passive religion, so what have we done to deserve that kind of ridicule? And why should I have to respect Christians for their religions if they don't do me the same decency?
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Dumb ass on website wrote: There is only ONE God according to the Bible (Deuteronomy 6:4).
This is also found in the Torah as it is one of the books of moses; and the Christian god is the same as the Hebrew one. I even think it's the same as the Islamic one. Even Catholic priests will agree with that the only difference is that Christians believe that Christ is the messiah and Judaic belief is that he was just a teacher and Islam believes that they both have it wrong.
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

This is BS. i'm with BlackTeddyBear I have to respect Christians and its beacause of this crap. stupid people that take the time to make a whole web site bashing another religiun that they know nothing about. it pisses me off that Christians think there right about everything. in the past mounth i have found 3 sits bashing wicca. it just makes me wanna make a site about Christians and how THAY worship satan and there all going to hell for it!!!
Erhalten Sie Einen Geschmack Der Religion Leckt Eine Hexe.
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

Wiccans openly admit that Lucifer is the god of light.
OMFG! What book was that in?

smiley17_oh

I want whatever this guy is smoking.
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

jaelle wrote:
Wiccans openly admit that Lucifer is the god of light.
OMFG! What book was that in?

smiley17_oh

I want whatever this guy is smoking.
That's actually true...In Italian witchcraft, Lucifer is the God of Light, and the Father of Aradia, and the brother/lover of Diana. But they[stupid people] twist is around to make it seem like it's the christain Lucifer, and they are one in the same.
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

ImperfectAngel wrote:In Italian witchcraft, Lucifer is the God of Light, and the Father of Aradia, and the brother/lover of Diana.
This is correct; much of it comes from Charles Leland's book Aradia, or, The Gospel of the Witches. Lucifer was a Roman god originally; he was the god of the first light of the day.
Raven Grimassi wrote:"St. Jerome was the first to equate the names Lucifer and Satan, which occurred due to a misunderstanding of the text used in Isaiah 14:12. Here Isaiah refers to the Babylonian king Helal, son of Shahar, by using the phrase 'heleyl, ben shachar' (literally 'shining one, son of the dawn'), which was also a term for the planet Venus, often called the morning star. The planet Venus was also known in ancient times as the 'herald of the sun,' because it appeared on the horizon at dawn, just before sunrise. St. Jerome, translating the Hebrew text 'heleyl, ben shachar' into Latin, used the Latin lucem ferre, which means bringer, or bearer, of light. By the period of Late Latin, 'lucem ferre' had been replaced by the word 'Lucifer'. Much earlier, in the Septuagint (a third-century BCE translation of the Hebrew scriptures into Greek) the Hebrew phrase 'heleyl, ben shachar' was translated as 'heosphoros,' which also refers to Venus as a morning star. Ironically, in the Book of Revelation, Jesus himself is identified as the morning star (Revelation 22:16)."
(Taken from his book, The Witches' Craft)

Lucifer, as a Roman deity, predated the use of his name ("in vain," I might add! :wink:) as a pseudonym for the Christian devil.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

u know some people think their better then the rest, which i read on the page about wicca. I am not happy with the website, they twisted the words and drum up this excite people feels. I find it funny too because the lack of real information and correct information should have been presented.

blessed be :D
Corleonis

Post by Corleonis »

''Wiccans recognize the god of the universe is "The all?" You've got to be kidding! "An energy field polarized by two forces?" Oh boy! I need to go take a break for a minute. Are you people serious? The Bible teaches that God is a being, not an "energy field." Mankind was created in the "image of God" according the the Bible (Genesis 1:26). Mankind is NOT an energy field, and neither is God''

This guy talks as if this was an assignment on ''Describe Christianity'' He doesn't seem to realise that there's something else than Christianity around him.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

I laughed at the beginning of this. I did, then i read a little more. And BAM! All of a sudden i was pissed off.
I wanted to badly to comment and say...
"Hello, asshole. Im a wiccan and i banish thee to hell!"
Haha, that would have been a good laugh!

Blessed Be,
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

Everyone should watch Religulous... just saying.

Google has it for free http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2683758535

(Didn't check the link because my work computer is lame, but it should work)

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”