Question about pshychic abillties. x)

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Pixie 89

Question about pshychic abillties. x)

Post by Pixie 89 »

Is it even possible that if a person did loose their phsychic abillties, does that mean the person lost it forever? Or is it still there hidden away?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I think it's still there, it's just that the person has become unattached from themselves and has lost their way a little bit.

It's natural to have this happen though, really... it's part of the human process and self-discovery to stray from what it thought and felt at one time or another... no worries, if you (or whoever this question was about), is meant to, they'll find their way back to their center. :28:

~Bright Blessings~
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

MoonStone wrote:I think it's still there, it's just that the person has become unattached from themselves and has lost their way a little bit.

It's natural to have this happen though, really... it's part of the human process and self-discovery to stray from what it thought and felt at one time or another... no worries, if you (or whoever this question was about), is meant to, they'll find their way back to their center. :28:

~Bright Blessings~

Has that ever happend to you? Or do you know someone that
has had that happend?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Actually... everyone I've ever known, including myself, has lost their way a bit during the progression of their life. It's really quite normal, in all honesty. People generally have to 'try on' many different selves before they find the self they want to be and that fits them best. It's not just a spiritual thing, it's a 'questioning' of every part of the self and being... and most often it comes about either during the teen years and/or middle-age ("mid-life crisis" time, usually.)

If it's happening to you, do rest assured that it's normal. I believe that wherever your current path takes you, you're supposed to go; whatever you experiences you encounter through that, I also believe you are supposed to experience. If you've left something behind that you find later you're longing for and missing, that's speaking pretty clearly to you that you should start trying to reconnect with it. :28:

~Blessings~
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

That makes me feel a bit better, knowing that there are other people out there in this world. And not just myself that has or had experance or gone through that. You pretty much hit it right on the ball. Do you think a persons emotions can effect, someone to loose his or her psychic abillities or the way the he or she thinks differently? Like lets say a person thinks negative thougths? Can that too effect a persons psychic abillities?

:?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

It does affect your abilities because it can cloud your understanding.
Like trying to give yourself a tarot reading about you and your long term beau. You obviously already have feelings about the situation and whether you want it to say something good or something bad. This can cause problems when trying to decipher the meaning of the reading.
Which is why it'd not advised to give yourself readings most of the time.
So if you have bad feelings about something it's normal to 'ask' yourself about it, but you already have a preconceived answer that cancels out, whatever the intuition was going to tell you.
Now this can be overshadowed and sometimes your intuition will metaphorically beat you till you listen. If it is something exceptionally important, like your survival. But in many situations, it's a soft subtle voice that can only be heard or understood, when the rest of your mind is without clutter and emotion. As pagans most of us strive to become closer to the spirit, so your powers are stronger and 'pure' and untainted by the ego.
I too, have had situations where my powers were 'turned off', sometimes they 'turn off' due to trauma. Other times you need to work on something within you, that your powers will distract you from.
Maybe you need to remember when they 'left' and what was going on at the time, or what happened after.
It can give you clues as to why it has gone 'underground' and how to open it again.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Release.the.bats wrote:It does affect your abilities because it can cloud your understanding.
Like trying to give yourself a tarot reading about you and your long term beau. You obviously already have feelings about the situation and whether you want it to say something good or something bad. This can cause problems when trying to decipher the meaning of the reading.
Which is why it'd not advised to give yourself readings most of the time.
So if you have bad feelings about something it's normal to 'ask' yourself about it, but you already have a preconceived answer that cancels out, whatever the intuition was going to tell you.
Now this can be overshadowed and sometimes your intuition will metaphorically beat you till you listen. If it is something exceptionally important, like your survival. But in many situations, it's a soft subtle voice that can only be heard or understood, when the rest of your mind is without clutter and emotion. As pagans most of us strive to become closer to the spirit, so your powers are stronger and 'pure' and untainted by the ego.
I too, have had situations where my powers were 'turned off', sometimes they 'turn off' due to trauma. Other times you need to work on something within you, that your powers will distract you from.
Maybe you need to remember when they 'left' and what was going on at the time, or what happened after.
It can give you clues as to why it has gone 'underground' and how to open it again.

You actually gave me something, to think about. Can mental images in our minds can give us clues and our dreams? As to why it went underground or got shut off as well? Can the ego/thoughts that we think play a role?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Yes.
Our subconscious communicates with us through images and symbols, because it dosen't speak a language. So whenever we understand what it's "saying", we sorta translated it. Especially during meditation if your talking to the inner you, the symbols and images are projected directly into your third eye. I generally keep a small journal type thing near me, when I meditate. I wrote three symbols once and then three more. I saw most of them in nature over the few months afterward.
If it communicates with us normally, it wouldn't stop just because were tuning it out. We may not 'know' it's telling us anything or we may have such advanced defenses that it keeps it 'out'. But that dosen't stop it from trying.
You can do a meditation or ask your spirit guides why it's happening. Sometimes even though you won't 'know' their there because of your abilities being underground. You'll still get a symbol or a picture, or a simple answer 'yes' or 'no'.
Trying to open communication with yourself is the fastest way to turn on your abilities.
[HangedMan]

Post by [HangedMan] »

it happens. happened to me at my peak too. i met my husband and then i kinda lost who i was. good news is, yes, it DOES comes back. actually, it never leaves. but i have realized one thing: if you do "lose" it for a while, it's because you need to do some growing up and self-discovery. if you can "pass the tests" life gives you, it comes back with ease. it goes hand-in-hand, really.

so, yeah, don't worry. it's always there. you just have to do the soul searching work to bring it back to the top. :)
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Release.the.bats wrote:Yes.
Our subconscious communicates with us through images and symbols, because it dosen't speak a language. So whenever we understand what it's "saying", we sorta translated it. Especially during meditation if your talking to the inner you, the symbols and images are projected directly into your third eye. I generally keep a small journal type thing near me, when I meditate. I wrote three symbols once and then three more. I saw most of them in nature over the few months afterward.
If it communicates with us normally, it wouldn't stop just because were tuning it out. We may not 'know' it's telling us anything or we may have such advanced defenses that it keeps it 'out'. But that dosen't stop it from trying.
You can do a meditation or ask your spirit guides why it's happening. Sometimes even though you won't 'know' their there because of your abilities being underground. You'll still get a symbol or a picture, or a simple answer 'yes' or 'no'.
Trying to open communication with yourself is the fastest way to turn on your abilities.

Gosh too bad it doesn't speak the language right? Yeah know, sometimes I wish it did. Like it could give me some, kind of a clue to what it is trying to say you know, what I mean? But I'll admit since it's turned off, it's just a bit fusterating and confuseing at times. I guess it will be up to, me to put the peices of the puzzle together unitl the right one fits! :wink: Hmm, all this is has just been,making me think alot about it. Have you ever had diffculty trying to open communication with the spirit guides? When your psychic powers got shut off?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

HangedMan wrote:it happens. happened to me at my peak too. i met my husband and then i kinda lost who i was. good news is, yes, it DOES comes back. actually, it never leaves. but i have realized one thing: if you do "lose" it for a while, it's because you need to do some growing up and self-discovery. if you can "pass the tests" life gives you, it comes back with ease. it goes hand-in-hand, really.

so, yeah, don't worry. it's always there. you just have to do the soul searching work to bring it back to the top. :)

May I ask you a question? O.o
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Well, in the past when it has shut off, I didn't try contacting anyone.
It's somewhat harder now though, since i'm coming out of a similar situation.
But if you, shut off your mental chatter and actually listen, the process happens at a faster rate.
It's just turning it off, that can be the hard part.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

When your psychic gifts got, shut off. Did you look for color pictures? Can the symbol be moving pictures as well? Or does it not matter?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

The way your soul or subconscious communicates to you, is unique.
The pictures can move and they can use colors.
You need to concentrate on your feelings about the movement, and how it could be applying to you know.
For example: If it's erratic, maybe your missing out on things because your jumping around too much to truly understand anything.
With colors, you should look at the many different interpretations for color meanings and then figure out what the color makes you feel or who it reminds you of.
This person could hold a key in a positive or negative way to explain your powers being shut down.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

Can the conscious mind also give us clues as well? I have gotten some, symbols from my soul or subscious,it's just a bit hard trying to figure out what it means. And you mention something about how, the mind is cleared of all mental chatter? AKA that soft little voice? Can that still be there? Even though we may have pushed it out?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”