Poll: What are Your Paranormal Experiences? I of II

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.

I experience one or more of the following:

I see and hear people or beings that other people don't see or hear
27%
I have visions or dreams of things happening, and then they actually happen
38%
I see peoples' aura colors, without even trying
2%
I sense and feel a recent argument "in the air" in an empty room
7%
I sense and feel peoples' moods over the phone, before they tell me how they feel
27%

Total votes: 101

Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

Kassandra wrote:I think I bought my book at B. Dalton bookstore, but you could probably find a used one for cheaper on Amazon...
thanks I'll start there
indigobrat

I often dream about major disasters

Post by indigobrat »

sometimes when they happen sometimes before....ive also completely missed things like 9/11
some examples are:

plane crashes, lots of times ive dreamed of plane crashes, its not specific like i might be in a crash, or it might be a plane flys over my head as im walking somewhere and then I see it going down and Im running for cover (Im talking big jets here)

sometimes Im at an airport for whatever reason, and i see a plane come down and right in front of me I can see its going to crash and it does
it can be SOOO real - i can really feel the disbelief - in a way that I dont in other dreams

most times this happens (maybe all i havent really kept track) there has been a major plane crash usually i dream it and it will either happen maybe the same time i was dreaming it (ie wake up and hear it on the news), or sometimes I will dream it for a few nights in a row every night, and then after maybe 3 or so nights of the dream it will be in the news (and the dream does not happen arfter that)

They have not ever been specific enough that I could do anything to prevent them. I did have one where I saw a plane crash into the water off an island and then saw on telly a tourist who was on holiday on an island and taking a holiday video who saw the plane and filmed it go down and it was the same as I remember seeing it in the dream.

I have had a few times where a thought just pops into my head - not with any drama, or menace or anything - but then shortly after its the same thing (often the thought is also a picture like a video or photo and then i see the same scene from tha t'photo/video' happen as reality)

The most recent one was just a couple of days ago, I woke from what felt like a night of dreaming about a disaster which when I think about it now, though it was not specific enough to predict the event, had a LOT in common with it in themes. If I look at themes, i could link the entire thing back to what happened.
I dreamed about a tidal wave which destroyed a lot of peoples property and left people needing somewhere else to stay
in my dream it was in a part of NZ where I live that one of my sisters lives. Yet she was not really in the dream, it was my parents and my other sister and her family were the key affected people - and they dont live there. they live in Christchurch NZ, and when I woke it was to find a txt from my sister (in chch - the one affected in the dream) about an earthquake - which you may have seen on the news - biggest one for almost 100years, no one killed but major destruction. It was one of those dreams where I think I knew when I woke it might be predictive i woke (I dont live in chch nz) hearing helicopters above me and i remember thinking id check my phone in case there was a text from someone that something had happened - like i had it in my mind that something had happened. there was a text my sister had sent - but as earthquakes are common in that area and she just said we are ok no damage, it was not till a minute or two later when I thought ill check see if it made the news - and first item was woman escapes as ome collapses around her) that i realised it was a major disaster!

Here is a link to some photos of the earthquake:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4095395/Latest-photos-7-1-quake

so the incorrect things were
disaster (though there was one bit where someone thought it was a quake

the things in common with the actual event - which happened basically at the time I dreamed it were:

mud silt and water - that was a big theme in the dream and parts of christchurch are basically under muddy silty water
my family members in the dream live in there and felt it (but their homes are ok)
and the destruction of a lot of valuable property in my dream i survived this huge wave but lost most my belongings, - and in the earthquake they were amazed that no one was killed, because of the extent of destruction

I dont know what to make of this sort of thing

sometimes I have no inkling at all about something
others i can almost feel im living it in a dream or feeling before or as it happens.....
any others who have had this happen is that common? ie to really pick up on some things and not at all on others?

I think its this event that brought me here, the realisation that this could have wiped out my family..... and me thinking if there IS some way I can know before these things happen - how can I work on that so that I can know enough to make a difference? i wonder what the point is of picking up on disasters if I cant do anything to change or prevent them.....
TaylorS

Re: What are Your Paranormal Experiences? Part I of II

Post by TaylorS »

I have pre-cognition once in a while, I can see auras if the lighting and background color is just right, and I can feel emotional "residues" in an empty room.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

I mostly have dreams that sometimes come true, not all of the time though. I can foresee the outcome of something seconds before it happens. And recently, I have been seeing, I wouldn't say shadows, but "things" moving just out of my eyesight so that I see a blurry image resembling a shadow with the corner of my eye. The "shadows" have different shapes, sizes and colors. The problem is that I can't figure out WHAT they are.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I have a small amount of precognition, I'll be able to 'feel' if something bad or good is going to happen either for the day or when going on some kind of adventure, lol. Occasionally I'll have dreams of what is going to happen, but that's not nearly as common as just the overwhelming feeling of positivity or negativity.

I've also found pretty recently that I'm empathic. I've always been good at sensing other people's emotions and helping people with problems and whatnot, but I never really thought about it any other way than I just try to be a nice person. But as I've been studying, this explains a lot of the problems I have with crowds, and why being around certain people can sometimes be very difficult for me.
Even online, talking to my friends, if something's going on, I immediately know it, and right now I'm going through a difficult time with a friend from another state, because there's something he just WILL NOT tell me, but I can sense it's there regardless and it usually sends ME into a frustrated and upset mood.

I guess that's a little mundane, haha. I don't see ghosts or beings so much, but I'm just going off of what the poll had listed. :)
black dove

Post by black dove »

I have a watered down version of the aura and seeing spirits thing. Actually, at this point I don't know if it's so much seeing auras and spirits as it is seeing all around spiritual energy. Wouldn't auras fit into that category. I can never truly see spirits, but I see their general outlines, and have heard them on occasion. One time it was very very very clear. As for auras, I can see their outlines, but have yet to see colors. I think I made a break-through on that today though.
Just looking for the answers to life.
)O( Blessed be
Lady Persephone

Post by Lady Persephone »

2 & 3.
duckcat

Re: What are Your Paranormal Experiences?

Post by duckcat »

I have annual ( 3 times or more) dreams where I am the victim of continuous failed possessions. I've asked a mod for help. I've experienced dead relatives, passer-by's, voices, no matter where I live I constantly have to cleanse the place. Hestia, blessed be helps a lot. I can do minor healing too. But it's a weak gift.
Jen

Post by Jen »

I have 1, 2, 4, 5. My grandma and uncle both have the ability to read others. I was told I will be able to hear others thoughts. At times I can. I can especially tell if I am walking into a bad situation and plan accordingly. Also I have a big mouth and believe it has kept me safe and kept my mouth shut so to speak.
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

I sometimes know what people are going to say, before they say it. A fun and annoying way to tease my friends :lol:
And I guess I have a spark of empathetic abilities, not completely sure yet.
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Wakaru

Re: Poll: What are Your Paranormal Experiences? I of II

Post by Wakaru »

Precognitive [and premonition] abilities. It runs in the family.

I'll include my grandmother's, just because, they are rather impressive.

My grandmother for one experienced premonition, which is essentially a glimpse of the future when awake, when she predicted her twin brother's death 20 years before it happened despite how he moved countries, changed jobs three times, and this way of death was as likely in his career at the time as walking on the sun.

My grandmother again experienced precognition, ability to glimpse the future when asleep, when she was visited by an old friend that she had lost contact with in her dreams who had come to say goodbye. That person was living half way across the world & as we learnt later through the woman's children had been in a coma for five months and died that night.

Myself

I got extremely restless, constantly checking on my relatives and feeling this insane need to move / get out of there, just before an earthquake hit. The thing is, is in this area earthquakes are more than just blue moon rare. The earthquake was so minor though that it didn't even make the news... though the entire neighborhood was talking about it. Broke Mrs. Johnstone's vase, the shaking knocked this thing right off her table.

Got a similar sensation the night a major thunderstorm rolled through the neighborhood when we moved. I refused to sleep in my room, instead sleeping in my sister's room on the floor. Which is bizarre in itself as even when we were little children I didn't feel fear nor any reason to sleep in the same room as either my parents or my siblings. But it was a good thing. Lightening struck the massive elm tree out front and half of the tree crashed down on the roof [over the hall, caved the wall between there and where my bed was] before hitting the ground and taking out half the old front porch.

I was living many hundreds of miles [thousands actually, completely different country] away from where my aunt was, partaking in an outdoor play with the local theatre group [cell phones don’t belong in the 1600s and like with my purse was locked in a locker at the changing rooms], when I experienced this sensation that literally set every hair on end. But more-so was the desire to let loose a gut-wrenching scream, even howl. Never felt the sensation before, never want to feel it again. I was also disallowed, thankfully my role was minor, to go out and act because the assistant director thought I was going to faint right then and there as I looked extremely pale [bug eyed & clammy]. I experienced this sensation on the exact minute that my aunt died – revealed the next morning when checking facebook as my uncle had an announcement saying the time of death.

This ability is better known to certain people. I can literally tell someone's "true nature" - if I like them or not - within seconds of meeting them and this is well beyond basic empathy. I am, after all, about as thick as a brick about other people's emotional state even if I am an extremely good listener I am rather indifferent. But I can make these 'predictions' days, months, even years before the person even reveals their true nature.

I don't even need to meet the person face to face as exemplified with my cousin's girlfriend. I had just come back to Canada from the UK and had stopped by my aunt's on the way to university residence. I didn't know his girlfriend, had never met her in my life. Wouldn't be able to point her out on the subway if she held a sign over her head. All I knew of her, through his mother, was her name, she was his girlfriend, and that she was "good for him". I encountered her at his soccer game. She was on the bottom of the stands & I was sitting at the back. Did she do anything to warrant my instant... not dislike but disregard, as in she wasn't worth getting to know? Well if you count sitting docilely beside his mother as "bad behavior" sure she was a wretched individual [lol]. Yet that night when talking with mum I told her my thoughts on my cousin's girlfriend. Within a year said girlfriend had revealed herself not only to be a cheat and a liar but that she was not just vindictive but violent.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The vote options really need an "all of the above" button in a group of Wiccans.

What do they call that...high strangeness? Or just another day in Paradise. You'd think that as people who fairly regularly catch glimpses or even full scenarios of other-places-than-here-and-now, we'd get used to it. But it's like a fresh pie in the face every time.

I knew when my dad broke his leg (the horse fell on him)& he was 100 miles away from me. Same when mom broke her arm while I was at summer camp. And when my grandpa died in another city. We know because it hits us like a slap. And the big one's you just can't talk about, where your heart trembles just remembering. Or the nice one's when the ghost of my grandma tucked me in...so, I was a college freshman at the time, I was still her "peanut".

I wonder could precog's and premo's be a natural part of time and space overlaps? Isn't it part of our human nature to experience what aids our survival as a species? Maybe we're genetically wired to wiggle a worm in the mind that predicts events, or as a friend of mine says, get twitchy. Animals in the wild can sense when an earth quake or tsunami is coming and get out of the way, and lots of people feel the Earth's forces, or see lights in the ground before earthquakes, and can see ley lines transversing the ground.

So,would the flip side of psychism be Magic? The ability to cause and make-happen by art-of-mind is like a premonition in reverse. (I can't help it, this is how my mind wanders and wonders). Cro-Magnon Man with his lumpy forehead knew the key to empower the success of the hunt, and we know the key today...and use it for yard sales and bargains! Same principle even if the stakes aren't the same.

Are psycho-kenesis, metal-bending and weather management, or even punching holes in clouds, related? Or telepathy? We are witches and psychic experience comes naturally in many varieties and flavors. I think it's pretty darned fantastic and by golly I want to know why it freaking works!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

SpiritTalker wrote:The vote options really need an "all of the above" button in a group of Wiccans.
Oh, I probably wrote over a dozen different response choices when I first wrote the original post. But, I remember when I hit "Submit" a message popped up stating I could only include 5 responses, so I had to cut the rest.

Looks like this is a "I of II" post, not sure where "II of II" is buried in this forum (and at the moment I don't feel like scrolling 10 pages to find it, lol --maybe later I will).

But hey, feel free to create your own poll(s) if you'd like. It's fun to see peoples' responses and comments. :wink:

Thanks,
K

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

MmMm, could cause a stampede...
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I often see black shadow figures out of the corner of my eye... I put them down to hair, or other things in my peripheral for a while, until even that couldn't really explain them away. There was that, and the time I stared straight at one. It was in the shadow behind my door, but somehow a thing of its own. I'm yet to understand them, or be sure that it really isn't just things in my vision, or shadows. Still, I feel like I'm a person very... unprone to energy. I can't really feel it from anyone or anything (which I'd like to change), so that's really the closest I've got. Oh, that, and after being in a room my friends and I think might be inhabited by a spirit, feeling like I had a weight on my chest. But yeah, I seem... Either oblivious, or somehow shielded from energies.
— Hawk.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”