Don't understand...

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
N.R. Naiacinaed

Don't understand...

Post by N.R. Naiacinaed »

Okay...I'm empathic. But one thing has been confusing me for the past two years...The only person that seems to confuse my senses is my boyfriend... What does this mean? Does it mean my abilites aren't developed enough? Or is there some other reason for it? Any ideas anyone?
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

It's because your personal feelings overshadow his feelings within you.
Most people cannot read people they are in love with, just like it's uncommon to find someone who can give a tarot reading to themselves with accuracy. In regards to love or a career path.
I have the same problem.
No worries, it's fairly common.
N.R. Naiacinaed

Post by N.R. Naiacinaed »

All right. Thank you for answering my question. That helps a lot.
Mairte

Post by Mairte »

Its interesting, I have heard that too, that the closer you are to someone, often the more difficult it is to figure them completely out!
[HangedMan]

Post by [HangedMan] »

Release.the.bats wrote:It's because your personal feelings overshadow his feelings within you.
Most people cannot read people they are in love with, just like it's uncommon to find someone who can give a tarot reading to themselves with accuracy. In regards to love or a career path.
I have the same problem.
No worries, it's fairly common.
exactly. the tarot analogy is great, too. i find that i cannot read anything for myself or my partner. i can read for my family/friends, but just not for him since we have such a deep, intimate (sexual) bond. i've heard that bond does not go away until you have a few months worth of abstinence, but i digress...

anyway, release.the.bats is right on the money. i'm empathic too and it's very hard to separate my feelings from my partner's. when he's around, even though i try not to, i immediately take on his sorrow and anger. it's hard.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”