=/

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Victoria Mnemosyne

=/

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I've been suffering from dysphoric depression for a few years now. I'm having a particularly bad episode at the moment. I would appreciate anything in the way of prayers and kind thoughts.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: =/

Post by JBRaven »

I hope your episode fades quickly. I am sorry to hear you are suffering right now.
Ghadamon

Post by Ghadamon »

No matter how dark it seems and how far the depression creatures reaches its tentacles...the fact will remain you are never alone in your situation and there is a light to the end of the tunnel. Even if you can't see it.

I've been where you are many times...I'm actually there now. Ah, I won't get into it, it'll just make things darker here.

Warm energy towards you and perhaps a bit of what I do when I get this low.

I make myself some passionflower tea. Its a mild anti-depressant & anti-anxiety. If you don't take any medications then you'll be fine with it. Its very mild but works surprisingly well I find...if that comes up dry as an option then there is always 5-HTP (sounds scary but its a natural enzyme found in a seed from South Africa and its also a naturally occuring enzyme in our bodies, but those of us that deal with depression are likely to be low on this particular chemical) it helps kick up the serotonine and helps boost a mood some. If all that fails, some St.Johns Wort can help as well. Although don't take Wort on a regular basis...just on a "I really need a kick" type of a day. Also, take some Omega 3-6-9 with any of the above options. It's like "brain lubricant" and helps anything that might be sticking...

There is the option of finding any natural supplements that may have passionflower (passiflora) in them. Sometimes they're named "herbal nerve" and other things. It will help. I know this sounds like a big mouthful or it may seem peculiar...but at least from a personal standpoint I've been seeking a solution since I hit puberty (gah...that's like 13 years ago, aging myself here!) and these are the best options I've come to, to date.

Sorry for the wall of text...just want to help =)
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

However bad it gets, how dark it may seem, know that light resides within darkness as darkness resides within light. Know that no matter what you do people will care for you and love you and that everyday is a gift from the gods.

Brightest Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Azzura

Post by Azzura »

*hugs*
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I'll be thinking kindly of you Victoria, and sending as much pleasant energy in your direction as I can. <3
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

Thank you everyone, for your kind thoughts and advice.

Return to “Mental Health”