Keeps Coming Back

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
skyslide

Keeps Coming Back

Post by skyslide »

I've had strep for a while, but the medicines just don't work. They're sure it's strep, not mono or anything. Strep G, one of the worst kinds. They tried amoxicillin AND two different kind of penicillin and it'll almost work, but then shortly after the pill treatment ends, it'll come back.

Does anyone know of something I could do to help the treatment work?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: Keeps Coming Back

Post by JBRaven »

Now this is what I got from my research. I don't know if any of these will work but I told you I would try
Grapefruit seed extract, (4-6 drops per oz water) garggle

Sage tea.

Barberry or coptis or goldenseal or Oregon grape root tincture. Take 15-20 drops in 1/4 cup water 3 times daily for 10 days.
Keeps strep from attaching to lining of the throat.
Do not use barberry, coptis, goldenseal, or Oregon grape root if you are pregnant or have gallbladder disease Do not use these herbs daily for more than 2 weeks Do not take these herbs with supplemental vitamin B, or with protein supplements containing the amino acid histidine. Do not use goldenseal if you have cardiovascular disease or glaucoma.

Echinacea E. purpurea tablets. Take at least 900 mg daily.
Keeps strep from forming colonies in which they multiply rapidly.
Avoid Echinacea if you have an autoimmune disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. Do not use this herb if you have a chronic infection, such as HIV or tuberculosis.

Garlic oil. Take 3-4 drops in 1/4 cup water once daily as gargle.
Relieves difficulty in swallowing.

Ginger tea (powdered), prepared with 1/3 tsp (1 gm) tea and 1 cup water. Take 1 cup 3 times daily.
Relieves pain.

Myrrh tincture. Take 10-30 drops in 1/4 cup water up to 3 times daily.
Soothes throat ulcers. Stops excessive formation of phlegm.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Those all look helpful. I hope i can find some of those herbs, they look like they'll really keep the meds working.
Thanks =)
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

Also, for the general pain, I use hot tea (usually black) with a healthy dose of honey and a touch of lemon. And make sure you're getting enough Vitamin C so your immune system can work with the meds to get (and keep!) you healthy.
Feel better!
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

Why dont you ask your doctor about a Z Pack? (Zithromax (azithromycin) )
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

What is it, Sy?
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

Sky, Zihromax is an antibiotic used to treat respiratory infections and strep.
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Oh, k good idea. Thanks so much everyone. =)
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

You can also try Olive Leaf Extract as an assist to the AB's, although it works perfectly well on it's own. :D
Tastes a bit weird, but will boost your immune system and get rid of the nasties in short order.

Hope that you can get on top of and rid of it soon.

Brightest blessings.
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

That is really strange that Amox and Penicillin didn't work. You may just need a longer course, how many days of pills did they give, did you miss any doses? Strep throat is almost ALWAYS exquisitly susceptible to those meds. Z-Packs on the other hand, while being prescribed super often for their ease of use do not work nearly as well (though in most cases DO work, especially in Pen allergic Pts like me!) How have things turned out?
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

After taking the last pills they gave me, it starte to come back but then the sores wrnt away and I haven't had trouble since. However my glands are still swollen. But there's no pain, bleeding, pus, or anything else.
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

Your glands might not go down for a little bit yet. Glad to hear every else is improving. Let me know if you have any trouble again. Infectious diseases is kind of my thing, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

Awesome, thank you! =)
Tornadofire

Post by Tornadofire »

Try echinacea. Take two pills with breakfast and dinner. But if your pregnant or have allergies to certain herbs, ask a doctor.
Also try to make smoothies out of carrots and apples. Works for me. Also, if you feel as if your vitamn c is not high enough, buy sodium ascorbate powder. Be careful with the dosage, because it is very high in sodium ... add it to the smoothies. I do this and rarely get sick.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Just as a reminder for safety, ask your doctor about using herbal supliments as they may conflict with any prescriptions he has issued. Medicine comes from herbs so you don't want to double up on anything that could be dangerous.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”