Why me?!

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Balor's Eye

Why me?!

Post by Balor's Eye »

I can everyone else's cards and not my own. When i try i draw up a blank!

And why cant I read certain cards?

ALSO, I sometimes get terrible migraines from either reading just one person's cards to a bunch of people's cards; why is that?
_Balor.
Add this myspace for everyone interested in Witchcraft!
Its new and made by me! An amateur :]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/magickalgarden[/url]

Better to light a candle than
curse the darkness.
Eos

Post by Eos »

Hmmm, do you always read in the same room? Do you set up a circle/cleanse the area/all that good stuff beforehand? What specific cards are the ones that you cannot read?

If you haven't, I recommend taking as many precautions as you can. Set up a certain area (an altar), cleansing/smudging it with sage or whatever you like that can be used for psychic protection. Pick an appropriate time in the moon cycle (and a Wednesday or Monday would be best). If you can, place some psychic protective crystals around.

That, of course, is the ideal scenario. but this isn't a Walgreen commercial, and nothing it ever really perfect, so do what you can to get yourself psychically ready for tarot reading.

Assuming you already do your best cleansing the area/yourself before readings, I'm not sure what you can do. Perhaps give the readings a rest for a while?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Balor, I'm not sure why you have the headaches. Perhaps you're tapping into something within yourself that puts strain on your head/brain. That's a possibility. It could be the amount of energy you pull around yourself as well when reading the cards. Take it slow, drink lots of water, take breaks and go outside; put your bare feet in the dirt and ground and center yourself inbetween sessions. I think that might help.

So far as your not being able to read certain cards, there's really no reason why that would happen- the cards are just the cards themselves, with their own individual meanings... it's actually the combination of all cards together that forms a reading, not just one or two specific cards. If you're having trouble remembering what their meanings are, don't feel bad- just refer back to your study books or the little booklet that came with your deck. There's no shame in that at all. :28: (I still do it from time to time too) :wink:

And on to your not feeling you're able to read for yourself... reading for oneself is actually the easiest way to read, I think. The interpretation of what works for each person and "what that might mean" for each individual isn't present when one reads for themselves. Perhaps try laying a reading out for yourself, then take a photo of the cards or write them all down. Then, if you look on them later, in a very calm environment after the readings are all done, you may be able to better understand the message your cards are trying to convey to you. :28:

Bright Blessings!
Balor's Eye

Post by Balor's Eye »

MoonStone wrote:Balor, I'm not sure why you have the headaches. Perhaps you're tapping into something within yourself that puts strain on your head/brain. That's a possibility. It could be the amount of energy you pull around yourself as well when reading the cards. Take it slow, drink lots of water, take breaks and go outside; put your bare feet in the dirt and ground and center yourself inbetween sessions. I think that might help.

So far as your not being able to read certain cards, there's really no reason why that would happen- the cards are just the cards themselves, with their own individual meanings... it's actually the combination of all cards together that forms a reading, not just one or two specific cards. If you're having trouble remembering what their meanings are, don't feel bad- just refer back to your study books or the little booklet that came with your deck. There's no shame in that at all. :28: (I still do it from time to time too) :wink:

And on to your not feeling you're able to read for yourself... reading for oneself is actually the easiest way to read, I think. The interpretation of what works for each person and "what that might mean" for each individual isn't present when one reads for themselves. Perhaps try laying a reading out for yourself, then take a photo of the cards or write them all down. Then, if you look on them later, in a very calm environment after the readings are all done, you may be able to better understand the message your cards are trying to convey to you. :28:

Bright Blessings!

Hmm I was actually considering the fact that i may use too much of my energy when reading, I was also thinking that maybe the person im reading for is rubbing off their negativity on me( As much as that makes sense) and that may also cause the headaches.

And as for reading the cards, i read regular playing cards not tarot and for some reason i never studied cartomancy. :shock: Whenever i pick up a set of cards a word, feeling or emotion hits me. Then from that word/feeling/emotion I work around it focusing more on the whole set of cards and usually it just comes to me. I dont know how to explain it! :? But all i know is that i cant read my own cards, when i do i draw up a blank...If you cant help it okay... :roll:
_Balor.

curse the darkness.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hm, that's a very interesting way to read, Balor. I've never heard of that before, though I bet your instinctual nature you use when reading would make for some unbelievably intuitive readings with the right deck or method. :28:

Why haven't you looked into cartomancy or tarot in general? I'd definitely suggest researching both of those to see which one feels best to you. You apparently already have the "gift" for divination through cards, so I think tuning your skills to work with a deck would only improve what you're doing. Definitely give it a looking in to! :wink:
I also think once you have a more linear fashion and a specific way you read (using the cards themselves for identification purposes not just the emotions the cards are giving you), you'll be able to do readings for yourself. In your case and with the way you read, you're probably "too close to the situation" (meaning yourself and your own feelings) to read them (your feelings) in the cards. If you're already experiencing your own feelings, you would most likely not be able to 'see' them in the card readings (because they're already present)... that's probably why you can't read for yourself given your current methodology.

I don't know much about cartomancy, but it may be just what you're looking for- I do know it utilizes a regular deck of cards. There are a few posts on the subject here with some site referrals for help learning the ways of cartomancy- perhaps do a search (in the search field here on the forum pages) for the term and you could get all kinds of info that way. :28:

Hope that helps!

~Bright Blessings~
Balor's Eye

Post by Balor's Eye »

Wow this really makes sense now! For a person who doesnt know much about cartomancy this was really helpful. Thanks!
_Balor.

curse the darkness.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Glad to help! :28:

~Bright Blessings~
Ember Nightwolf

Re: Why me?!

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Balor, your not alone!