Selenite and Dreams

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Klia

Selenite and Dreams

Post by Klia »

Merry meet everyone!

A couple months ago I bought a Selenite wand for my collection, as it is a pure and negative energy ridding crystal. I have used it for my circle casting and such, but have lately left it near my bedside. It sits right above my head on my headboard. I put it there because of its metaphysical qualities, just to see if it would help me out in any way. Low and behold and almost instantly, my dreams have been much more structured and story like. Now I never had crazy dreams to begin with - maybe once in a blue moon, but ever since I put my selenite on my bed, my dreams have just made sense! They flow nicely, are happy and very detailed, to the point, down to earth, etc. Does this make sense? I also feel like I fall asleep faster and have a deeper sleep than before without it.

Does anyone else know if Selenite helps with dreams or if it's helped you/someone you know?

Blessed be! :flyingwitch:
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
BabyBear

Re: Selenite and Dreams

Post by BabyBear »

Selenite: Strengthens bones, teeth. Soothes nerves. Has positive effect on brain, aiding power of concentration. Enhances willpower. Grounded white light. Cleansing of Negative Influences, Telepathy, Clarity & Angelic or Goddess Guidance!

Those are the properties of selenite and i believe its the fact that it aides in concentration and of the mind and clarity via the goddess's guidance, meaning it opens a pathway for your guides to aid you in sleep, that might be why your dreams and sleep are becoming more focused. I also believe that if you charge your wand with moon light these dreams and your sleep will get better and more informative.

heres this is a more in depth reasoning on selenite and its connection to the moon and other powers it possesses http://www.ebay.com/gds/White-Selente-G ... 257/g.html
Klia

Post by Klia »

Wow thanks! That really helped!

I never had any feelings from crystals before. I've just collected them for future use to work with their energies. Now I am a believer!! I will definitely keep this selenite by my bed or maybe get another wand so I can still use it for other things. Thanks for all your help!
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

I would actually suggest getting a piece of selenite by itself or a bracelet/necklace you can wear all the time since it is helping you so much, charge either or both with moon light and thank the goddess for her help then keep them on you or if you get just the selenite put it where you've been putting your wand

with the bracelet/necklace you can have that focus not only in sleep but in life, and it can help focus your powers and help keep you calm amongst every day struggles and stress because you are keeping it with you at all times
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Ive been drawn lately to Selene who Selenite was named after. She is a moon goddess.

I want to get a piece for my collection. I usually keep amethyst by my bed side to help aid in dreams as well.
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Selenite is an angelic stone as well and I've heard it been said that in every piece of selenite there is a guardian angel essence to the stone, perhaps as like the crystal spirit, so perhaps that may have something to do with the dreaming side of things. It is also a very protective stone which isn't like faden quartz that is good for safe journeying in astral travel but its very good for protection against incoming energy that is not so great on the intention basis. Just remember not to use water with selenite as it would wash away the crystal. Use Moonlight or the alternative starlight ... deep cleansing in full moonlight energies if you ask Selene the moon goddess to cleanse your crystals that way that would be a good idea and just trust she is cleansing your crystal :)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Stella wrote:Selenite is an angelic stone as well and I've heard it been said that in every piece of selenite there is a guardian angel essence to the stone, perhaps as like the crystal spirit, so perhaps that may have something to do with the dreaming side of things. It is also a very protective stone which isn't like faden quartz that is good for safe journeying in astral travel but its very good for protection against incoming energy that is not so great on the intention basis. Just remember not to use water with selenite as it would wash away the crystal. Use Moonlight or the alternative starlight ... deep cleansing in full moonlight energies if you ask Selene the moon goddess to cleanse your crystals that way that would be a good idea and just trust she is cleansing your crystal :)
Oh good to know.

I work a lot with Archangel Michael and Ralpahel so I love the idea of the guardian angel essence inside each piece. Ill have to pick up a piece this week.
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Klia wrote:Merry meet everyone!

A couple months ago I bought a Selenite wand for my collection, as it is a pure and negative energy ridding crystal. I have used it for my circle casting and such, but have lately left it near my bedside. It sits right above my head on my headboard. I put it there because of its metaphysical qualities, just to see if it would help me out in any way. Low and behold and almost instantly, my dreams have been much more structured and story like. Now I never had crazy dreams to begin with - maybe once in a blue moon, but ever since I put my selenite on my bed, my dreams have just made sense! They flow nicely, are happy and very detailed, to the point, down to earth, etc. Does this make sense? I also feel like I fall asleep faster and have a deeper sleep than before without it.

Does anyone else know if Selenite helps with dreams or if it's helped you/someone you know?

Blessed be! :flyingwitch:

It definitively helps with dreams! :) Just last night, I place a Selenite Wand on my bed and I had a vivid dream that I was helping a family do an exorcism. :shock:
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm going to try this, could use a dream...seem to be void in the dream-time lately.
I just rinsed off my selenite shaft...I don't think I would call it a wand, it's about 1inch to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and about 16 inches long, but I think I will have to put it in a cloth or something. Also I worry that I may push it off the bed, onto the >ouch< hardwood floor.
Nitey, nite,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Klia

Post by Klia »

I hope it helps you guys out. Let me know how the next few days go with selenite by your bedside. I'm curious!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I gotta tell you ...I believe it is helping...some. At least I have had fleeting glimpses when I wake. Part of my problem is I wake too fast, and don't give myself a moment to recall the subconscious before I fly into the day. I used to keep a dream journal...that really really helped. however I don't have the luxury of the time to record in the AM (anymore)...and I got too involved with the details, that was time consuming for sure.
Thanks for the stone tip Kila!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I need to find a larger selenite piece.

I used my Desert Rose (a form of selenite) in mediation the other day, by placing it on my third eye. I felt more open than ever.
Klia

Post by Klia »

You're welcome firebirdflys! Glad I could help.

And I've only heard of desert rose selenite. I'm curious to get some. Can only find it online though. I need to meditate with my stones as well.
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

firebirdflys wrote:I'm going to try this, could use a dream...seem to be void in the dream-time lately.
I just rinsed off my selenite shaft...I don't think I would call it a wand, it's about 1inch to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and about 16 inches long, but I think I will have to put it in a cloth or something. Also I worry that I may push it off the bed, onto the >ouch< hardwood floor.
Nitey, nite,
Firebird
I really hope that doesn't wash the crystal away! Selenite and Gypsum and this family I've never rinsed with water simply because it is a very soft tendency crystal that is likely to erode with water. Usually work with healing energies to clear the crystal and to charge I use moonlight. Blessings :)
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

I recently re-found my piece of Selenite (though now I've lost it again, darn it!) and while I'd love to use it to see if I could have dreams again, I'm very... hesitant. When I was young, I would have VERY vivid dreams (I would be jolted awake feeling the sensations of the dream on my physical body and sometime would even have the injury from the dream) and they were almost always terrors; demons and dark spirits trying to harm me and chasing me, twisting my normal surroundings into horror carnivals (not literal carnivals though) and it wasn't until I was around 6 or 7 when my parents bought me a dream catcher that they finally stopped.

Do you think the Selenite would help protect me as well as let me dream again? Since getting the dream catcher I rarely dream and this causes me to be afraid it's a indicator that all my dreams will always be terrors!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”