Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
BabyBear

Re: Bubbling Cauldron: Monthly Spellcrafting Activity

Post by BabyBear »

Alright guys here's the spell:

Protection and Empowerment from Negativity

You should be doing this spell in the sunlight/daytime.

NEED
For the set up:
A blue candle with a sun carved into it
5 onyx stones
Honey
Sage
Frankincense (essential oil or incense)

For the Sachet*:
orange peel
onyx
tiger eye
chamomile
honey
oak
sun symbol
Litha Ashes (bonfire ashes/boat ashes)

*The sachet can be red, orange or gold

STEPS

Note that before the spell you will concentrate all the items you will be working with by purifying them with sage as well as your work area.

Step one
You will cast your circle around your work station. In this instants you will use the onyx stones to draw the circle instead of a wand and will place them in the order you would invoke a pentagram placing a stone at each point in order, you may chose to invoke however you are taught to invoke, and your items will be in the center of said invoked pentagram.
Depending on if you have incense or essential oil you will pick up a stone, anoint it with a mix of honey and Frankincense essential oil and place it at a point or you are using the incense I suggest lighting it with the sage and running the onyx anointed with honey through the smoke. After the last stone is placed you should Light the blue candle and place it in the center.

Step Two
You will now take a moment to visualize what you wish to accomplish with this spell and think of all that will come about thanks to the help of the Sun on this wonderful Litha month. Focus on the flame of your candle and the sun carved in it. Think of the blue color as calming and releasing of the negativity. The sun as the energy and power you need to move past the negativity. You will think of how you want to get rid of the negativity in your life and how your life will be better thanks to having gotten rid of this negativity. Meditate on this till you are empowered with positivity and growth.

Step Three
Now that you are empowered its time for the sachet. You will be saying this chant three times.

Fire of sun,
Herbs of earth,
Protect us now
From negativity's growth.

Each time you say it you will be doing something different.
The first time you will be placing the onyx, tiger eye, and ashes into the sachet while visualizing the negativity as a weed planted in the ground trying to grow.
The second you will place the oak, honey and chamomile into the sachet while visualizing the sun gaining in intensity making it impossible for the weed of negativity to grow.
The last time you will add the orange peel and sun symbol as the very last thing, this symbolizes that the sun has reached its full potential and that negativity has died before it could even grow. Protecting you.

Step Four
Take a moment and meditate on the feeling of peace and empowerment that the sun is giving you.
Now you may close your circle as you would normally do.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This is great! Thanks for assembling the parts BbBear.
I would like to do this tomorrow because it i :? s still the waxing moon energy,
but may be a Sunday would be good for most folks? Or perhaps Thursday.
It was so good of you to pick up where Seraphin left off.
*grabs giant spoon and gives brew a few good swirls..kackles hysterically, turns and vanishes into the thick mist...*
ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

its no big deal I am here to help after all :3 Just sorry I wasnt as focused as i normally would be cus of rl things :D I got a new humm shall we call him boyfriend >< and had some family things come up lol.
But I hate to see Seraphin's work go to waste and always glad to help :)
Hugs thanks for the thanks though and I agree Sunday would work best for all the others I did as you and did it on the 30th ><
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I believe I'll be giving this wonderfully written spell a shot tomorrow!

*edit*

I have white oak on my parents property. If anyone would like me to mail them a piece of bark let me know. I also have quite a few small branches I can send as well. :D

*2nd edit*

I did my spell on sunday, and have been wearing this satchel attached to my belt loop since. It seems to be working quite well. It also resonates with positive energy. All in all. A+
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Always glad to hear about a spell after we make it :D I am rather happy that it worked for you Dualhands and that you made the offer of sending some white oak for others.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I took it off to change shorts today. And forgot to re-attach it. And boy did it hit the fan!

All the "family problems" came to surface from a nice calm state all day (and the past several days)

Everyone seemed to get super cranky and come to me with their issues. And that doesn't happen very often in my home. So I believe the satchel doesn't just work for the person wearing it. But for people in the general vicinity as well! :D
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Thats actually makes sense since the point is to repel negativity in general glad it worked so well for you :D
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Thank you everyone for doing this especially Babybear! I've not been around much for the past few months, so I just wanted to pop in and say helloo and thanks to the Moderators and the new faces we have here at EUTM's Bubbling Cauldron!

Life has been kind in the past months - believe it or not! I can't wait til we get Internet again so I can join you in this fun activity again! :lol: Blessings to all of you! BIG HUGS AND LOVE!!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

So what is in store for the next bubbling cauldron? the month of July is almost over!

Does anyone have any idea's?

I would like to throw out the idea of a black magick protection satchel or/ vial.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

My feeling is since we just did a protective spell maybe something to keep the mind from wandering, like a focus talisman to wear when one has a task to carry out.
I think we all get a little A.D.D. sometimes, I for one could really use that :evilwitch:
what do others think?
Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to stir up a brew by the July Blue Moon,
although we might stir up some tea that would safely enhance a fairy experience, or just to have for a nice moon meditation.
There are several herbs that are relatively easy to obtain that would make some tasty as well as functional tea ::coolglasses::
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Hey guys sorry I dont think I can head up this one really this month I just am way to busy setting things up with college, my new relationship and everything esle I just cant give this the attention it deserves. I can however say that Snow had a really good ideal for this month and I just had no ideal where to go with it and she hasnt gotten back to me about heading up this months spell.

The topic was going to be discernment. Help finding what stones/crystals work best for you and your work.

Also *big hugs* Seraphin I of course couldnt let your work go to waste and I do rather enjoy making spells for people so you know I would gladly take over when you cant *hugs*
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I like the idea of a focus talisman/satchel.

I would think a pouch/satchel would be preferable as a talisman would mean one has to make a piece of jewelry. Not everyone would be capable of that I presume.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Though jewelry would be nice, I have made a wonderful talismans out of roots, branch burls, shells, rocks. Though wire is required on some, not always necessary. The branch was tied with bindweed.
I didn't realize Snow wanted to go for a dicernment working. I'm not sure how much she will be able to imput at this time, as I understand she will be unavailable for several days.
So, dulhands... thusfar we have 2 potential topics, if we really wish to stir something up by the full moon, I would suggest we go for something rare...since it is a Blue moon...whada ya think?
:fairy:
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

firebirdflys wrote:Though jewelry would be nice, I have made a wonderful talismans out of roots, branch burls, shells, rocks. Though wire is required on some, not always necessary. The branch was tied with bindweed.
I didn't realize Snow wanted to go for a dicernment working. I'm not sure how much she will be able to imput at this time, as I understand she will be unavailable for several days.
So, dulhands... thusfar we have 2 potential topics, if we really wish to stir something up by the full moon, I would suggest we go for something rare...since it is a Blue moon...whada ya think?
:fairy:
bb, Firebird

Well...

The moon of july is known as the "buck moon". As male deer shed their antlers and grow new ones during this month.
Also, Blue moons are associated with reaching and striving for goals.
During this Blue Buck moon, the moon will be in the sign of Aquarius. This is associated with sciences, freedom, personal expression, problem solving and friendship.

So, I believe we should do a talisman regarding freedom and personal expression. As I feel its a common theme.
Knowing this, what would you suggest for a talisman? Maybe a talisman for growth of creative expression?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:D ::coolglasses:: Hummm, the antler made me think of getting to the point, ...like it is kind of a natural spear tip, poky thing/ vortex/ cone of power just by virtue of it's shape. I'm still leaning toward focus and what better thing to use than an antler tip!?.
We did touch on creativity here, maybe lets not double up too much.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p230510
reaching and striving to stay focused ? The focus could be used to finish a creative project, or several as is the case around here :lol:
would be nice to have an antler tip talisman...would everone be able to access one I wonder? I pick them up at pow wows so it wouldn't be an issue here, but maybe not everyone has an antlers r us nearby halfsm

Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”