Finding the right path

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Veiled_Wisdom

Finding the right path

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

so my post got moved to the intro section, but I feel my question won't get answered there.

My question is
There are so many different branches/types of Wicca and other Magick. Based off of the information I gave you about myself follow this link , what would be my best fit? I know this is something that you figure out over time. I am just looking for suggestions of a starting point. I don't want any of my world-views/ideology to clash with anyone nor do I want to offend anyone.

Your time and input is greatly appreciated.
Heartsong

Re: Finding the right path

Post by Heartsong »

Hi Veiled_Wisdom,

We encourage new members to introduce themselves in the Intro Section so that we can get to know them a little better and to give other members a chance to welcome them to the forum.

You sound very much like many of us here. In my experience, our spiritual path is something that isn't static, but is always evolving, as are our beliefs and views of the world. Considering your stance on deities, I would highly recommend that you read through Xiao Rong's fabulous post Paganism: When There Aren't Any Gods. The links that she provides lead to several insightful and informative blogs where the discuss not only this particular topic, but others as well.

That being said, is there a particular path that you feel drawn to? One that you're interested in learning more about? As I said, you sound like many of us here and we all follow wildly varying beliefs and practices, many of which are eclectic. Your question is very, very broad and it would help us better point you in a direction if you could narrow it down a little.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

Your words and insight are appreciated. I'm at a gathering so I'll reply in more detail later.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Your post was moved because it was first and foremost an introduction to yourself. We do discourage the making of duplicate posts in the forum (it makes a lot of clutter); please keep this in mind in the future.
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

Vesca wrote:Your post was moved because it was first and foremost an introduction to yourself. We do discourage the making of duplicate posts in the forum (it makes a lot of clutter); please keep this in mind in the future.
Very much so noted. I should of made two different post. One an introduction to myself, and a separate one in regards to my questions.

My apologies.
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

Heartsong wrote:Hi Veiled_Wisdom,

We encourage new members to introduce themselves in the Intro Section so that we can get to know them a little better and to give other members a chance to welcome them to the forum.

You sound very much like many of us here. In my experience, our spiritual path is something that isn't static, but is always evolving, as are our beliefs and views of the world. Considering your stance on deities, I would highly recommend that you read through Xiao Rong's fabulous post Paganism: When There Aren't Any Gods. The links that she provides lead to several insightful and informative blogs where the discuss not only this particular topic, but others as well.

That being said, is there a particular path that you feel drawn to? One that you're interested in learning more about? As I said, you sound like many of us here and we all follow wildly varying beliefs and practices, many of which are eclectic. Your question is very, very broad and it would help us better point you in a direction if you could narrow it down a little.
Thanks for your input again.

I am learning that it is okay to take certain elements from various paths to make your own path. This has lifted the burden I was feeling, with anything that is important to me I tend to over analyze.

I seem drawn to an eclectic solitary approach.
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

Finding the right path for you is part of the journey. No one can tell you what the right path is, you have to find it for yourself.
One thing you can do is to do some reading on the subject. Theres numerous books on Wicca/Paganism out there which could help to steer you in the right direction.
I wish that I could be of more help but really, there is no 1 set in stone direction that you can be given. Its something that only you know when its right.
grlry

Post by grlry »

Veiled_Wisdom wrote: There are so many different branches/types of Wicca and other Magick. Based off of the information I gave you about myself follow this link http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 31375.html , what would be my best fit?
I completely understand where you are coming from! Finding yourself on this path can get overwhelming, but so fulfilling! For me, I started out thinking I was going to end up labeling my self Wiccan, however the more I read and the more i studied I have found that I don't need or want a label. This path is for me, and my life and what is good in general!
I know some don't agree with that mindset, but it's where I am now.

Good luck! I know you will find what is right for you!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”