The Emerald Enchantress Herbal Remedies

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

The Emerald Enchantress Herbal Remedies

Post by Naudia Threng »

Merry meet, children of the earth. In this thread i will share with you some herbal remedies that I've collected. DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE USING AN HERBAL SUPPLEMENT TO A SERIOUS ILLNESS. THIS IS MERELY A REFERENCE THREAD AND NOT IN ANY WAY A MEDICAL GUIDE. ALWAYS TELL YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU'VE BEEN USING AN HERBAL REMEDY, ESPECIALLY IF PRESCRIBED MEDICINE.

My Go To Books (AKA the only books i have to be able to cite):

A-Z Herbs: The Complete Handbook

The Herbal Drugstore

So let's start with something simple. Canker sores. Man don't you just hate canker sores?

IF YOU FREQUENTLY GET LARGE CANKER SORES, CONSULT A DOCTOR TO CHECK FOR A SHORTAGE OF NUTRIENTS IN YOUR BODY.

Method 1) Licorice Root: One of the simplest methods of combating a canker sore is simply chewing on licorice root whenever you get the chance.
Method 2) Canker Sore Swab: Apply this gel, at most, hourly throughout the day.

1 teaspoon echinacea tincture
1 teaspoon goldenseal tincture
1 teaspoon calendula tincture
1 teaspoon grapefruit seed extract
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel

Mix all the ingredients in a small air tight container and apply directly to the mouth ulcer with a small swatch of gauze.
-from The Herbal Drugstore by Linda White
Method 3) Chamomile Tea: Steep 1-2 teaspoons of chamomile flower in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Drink four cups a day until the sore is gone.

Alternative A - Let tea cool and swish mouth with it 4 times a day.

Alternative B - Use 10 to 40 drops of tincture instead o f 1 to 2 teaspoons of flower. If you use tincture, only use 3 times a day.

Method 4) Gotu Kola: Steep 1 teaspoon of dried Gotu Kola in 1 cup of hot water. Drink one cup a day, until the canker sore is gone.

Alternative A - Let cool and use as mouth rinse.

Method 5) Ginko: Steep 1/2 teaspoon of dried leaf in one cup of hot water for fifteen minutes. Apply to afflicted area with a clean cotton ball frequently.

I you liked this! Tell me if you'd like a remedy for something specific or for an herb. All feedback is welcome!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Vesca

Re: The Emerald Enchantress Herbal Remedies

Post by Vesca »

What would you say are your go-to sources for finding herbal remedies?

The Canker Sore Swab I'm pretty sure I read in a book called The Herbal Drug Store by Linda White. Remember our citation rule. :)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Vesca wrote:What would you say are your go-to sources for finding herbal remedies?

The Canker Sore Swab I'm pretty sure I read in a book called The Herbal Drug Store by Linda White. Remember our citation rule. :)
I'll have to ask my mother about that one. She does it, it works, i write it in my little journal. I'll check when she gets home.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Ooh so more than one family member is into herbal remedies! That's a neat thing. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I trust you are using every herbal remedy available for your poison ivy :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

And reactions you get from the remidies you use for your posion ivy. Lol
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Deejean wrote:And reactions you get from the remidies you use for your posion ivy. Lol
Shhhhhh that was awful! How was I supposed to know I was allergic to whatever was in that anti itch cream.
firebirdflys wrote:...
Yeah, I was. I oughta post about those remedies. But my mom did end up canceling the doctors appointment and just taking me to the ConvenientMD and they prescribed oral corticosteroids. But I'm still using my herbal remedies to help (remember to always ask your doctor first, as I did).
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Vesca wrote:...
Alright, I've cited as much as I could and edited into the intro. Sorry, my family doesn't keep good records.

And yeah, except my mom is only really into herbal remedies because shes a "You only need a doctor if your dying" kind of person. I barely got her to take me for poison ivy, but I have school soon and she didn't want people seeing my poison ivy.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

No worries, it's also neat to see where people pick up remedies from that they've found actually work for them so we can pick up the books/resources ourselves. :)

I wish my family was like that. :P
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

Azure Lily wrote:Merry meet, children of the earth. In this thread i will share with you some herbal remedies that I've collected. DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE USING AN HERBAL SUPPLEMENT TO A SERIOUS ILLNESS. THIS IS MERELY A REFERENCE THREAD AND NOT IN ANY WAY A MEDICAL GUIDE. ALWAYS TELL YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU'VE BEEN USING AN HERBAL REMEDY, ESPECIALLY IF PRESCRIBED MEDICINE.

My Go To Books (AKA the only books i have to be able to cite):

A-Z Herbs: The Complete Handbook

The Herbal Drugstore

So let's start with something simple. Canker sores. Man don't you just hate canker sores?

IF YOU FREQUENTLY GET LARGE CANKER SORES, CONSULT A DOCTOR TO CHECK FOR A SHORTAGE OF NUTRIENTS IN YOUR BODY.

Method 1) Licorice Root: One of the simplest methods of combating a canker sore is simply chewing on licorice root whenever you get the chance.

Method 2) Canker Sore Swab: Apply this gel, at most, hourly throughout the day.

1 teaspoon echinacea tincture
1 teaspoon goldenseal tincture
1 teaspoon calendula tincture
1 teaspoon grapefruit seed extract
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel

Mix all the ingredients in a small air tight container and apply directly to the mouth ulcer with a small swatch of gauze.

Method 3) Chamomile Tea: Steep 1-2 teaspoons of chamomile flower in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Drink four cups a day until the sore is gone.

Alternative A - Let tea cool and swish mouth with it 4 times a day.

Alternative B - Use 10 to 40 drops of tincture instead o f 1 to 2 teaspoons of flower. If you use tincture, only use 3 times a day.

Method 4) Gotu Kola: Steep 1 teaspoon of dried Gotu Kola in 1 cup of hot water. Drink one cup a day, until the canker sore is gone.

Alternative A - Let cool and use as mouth rinse.

Method 5) Ginko: Steep 1/2 teaspoon of dried leaf in one cup of hot water for fifteen minutes. Apply to afflicted area with a clean cotton ball frequently.

I you liked this! Tell me if you'd like a remedy for something specific or for an herb. All feedback is welcome!
Excellent references! I'd like to mention sometimes canker sores are cause by frequent acid reflux.
I am but a small stone in the river that is enlightenment

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”