Book of Thoth

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Book of Thoth

Post by Silent Stream »

Wondering if there is a place I can go to get a free pdf on my computer of the complete book of Thoth ? Or must I just buy it! I've heard it's complex and very hard to understand, however I'm a Scorpio and pretty tenacious about setting out to do something . It would be great to get something for free, just to see if I'm up for the challenge, don't want to waste money for a book that would sit and collect dust, I love the Thoth deck! Would this be a direction for me to go in understanding the deck more or would you recommend something that goes more in line with the deck cause that's more of what I'm looking for. That's really were my interest is, I have mirror of the soul that interprets the cards well, just looking for more understanding of the deck itself. Any info would be great,Thanks, Silent Stream.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use capital letters and apostrophes where appropriate!
mrsdavid1975

Re: BOOK OF THOTH

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Go to darkbooks.com and type it in the search bar in top right. Then pick a mirror source and download it. I have read some of it on my iPhone so I'm sure it will probably work for all types of Internet browsers
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

You can download it from thepiratebay, I believe.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Re: Book of Thoth

Post by Silent Stream »

Thanks I might just see if they have the tarot handbook,hear its easier to understand the thoth deck than the other!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Just as a very clear reminder; downloading a pdf of a book for free (unless it's copyright free) is illegal and discovery of pirating copyrighted materials will result in disciplinary action from the authorities.

Another aside, because I have friends who have had their works pirated, you can never be sure that what you've actually downloaded will be a legitimate (unaltered, or re-written) copy of what you're looking for. Once that file has been altered once, it can be altered again.

I would just buy it. Check out a used bookstore or two, amazon has used copies for $7.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:Go to darkbooks.com and type it in the search bar in top right. Then pick a mirror source and download it. I have read some of it on my iPhone so I'm sure it will probably work for all types of Internet browsers
darkbooks.org is where I found free pdf files on the occult!
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Yes! They have a ton of interesting books.
theharmoniouscrow

Post by theharmoniouscrow »

Yeah, it's darkbooks.org (.com goes to a domain place holder)
Loads of interesting books that most people have never heard of.
Brilliant!
"It's often a person's mouth that broke their nose." - old Irish saying.

I listen more than I speak - don't mistake that for lack of opinion.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Vesca wrote:Just as a very clear reminder; downloading a pdf of a book for free (unless it's copyright free) is illegal and discovery of pirating copyrighted materials will result in disciplinary action from the authorities.

Another aside, because I have friends who have had their works pirated, you can never be sure that what you've actually downloaded will be a legitimate (unaltered, or re-written) copy of what you're looking for. Once that file has been altered once, it can be altered again.

I would just buy it. Check out a used bookstore or two, amazon has used copies for $7.
Well said, Vesca.

Don't become a parasite by stealing someone else's work.
theharmoniouscrow

Imperious wrote:
Vesca wrote:Just as a very clear reminder; downloading a pdf of a book for free (unless it's copyright free) is illegal and discovery of pirating copyrighted materials will result in disciplinary action from the authorities.

Well said, Vesca.

Don't become a parasite by stealing someone else's work.
Don't worry - I was more looking at the titles so I know what to look for in terms of "lost" books in the future.
I have paid for every single one of the books I own (Kindle and hard copy)
I don't like piracy either.

Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

theharmoniouscrow wrote: I don't like piracy either.
If you want to get involved in piracy, get yourself a peg leg, eye patch and parrot. You should probably say "arr" a lot too, and get some buccaneering in.
theharmoniouscrow

Imperious wrote:
If you want to get involved in piracy, get yourself a peg leg, eye patch and parrot. You should probably say "arr" a lot too, and get some buccaneering in.
ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

theharmoniouscrow wrote:Yeah, it's darkbooks.org (.com goes to a domain place holder)
Loads of interesting books that most people have never heard of.
Brilliant!

Hah oops my bad!
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

Imperious wrote:
HaHa I love it dont do much pirating If i cant afford it and cant find it I use whats available, I know its a stick in some peoples craw, Im responsible for my own actions, thanks for the input. :shock:
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Imperious wrote:
And a big hat. Don't forget the big hat! :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”