Any strange insect stories/encounters out there?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Devi

Any strange insect stories/encounters out there?

Post by Devi »

What type of insect? And what was your interaction with it that seemed just a bit unusual?
Becks

Re: Any strange insect stories out there

Post by Becks »

I don't really have strange stories, but rather I feel like I get messages and confirmation from insects. I remember I was meditating on a beach one west coast summer day and when I opened my eyes there was a gorgeous Western Tiger Swallowtail (nice big showy butterfly). I tend to get messages from moths when it's time to withdraw and do my spiritual dream/journey work.

I love your mantis story Devi. We don't have them where I live. I'd love to see one.

I remember vividly finding an Ergates spiculatus..it's a big brown beetle (over 2 inches long) in a mixed Douglas fir and cedar forest. That is a big insect for this area. I had no idea we had beetles that big here. :)
Fae

Re: Any strange insect stories/encounters out there?

Post by Fae »

I have a really creepy story from when I think my house was haunted, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of story you're really looking for.

Aside from that, I tend to attract spiders like a spider magnet, even though I'm honestly scared of them.
Nova13

Post by Nova13 »

Butterflies!
I was visiting my grandparents, introducing them to my now husband. We were walking around outside and we saw this mess of butterflies on the ground. When we walked though they all fluttered around us. I'm not sure if it was a message but it was a wonderful moment.
Devi

Post by Devi »

I fist noticed one when i was sitting eating I reached for my drink and peacefully watching me was a stinkbug so I picked him up and put him outside this was this past summer another day I'm sitting on my bench outside and there was another .about a week ago I'm was getting ready for ritual and I usually light one candle so I can see everything else,so after the ritual I get ready to snuff my last candle and guess who's sitting on the rim of the candle yep a stinkbug also last summer I had my dog out on his leash which is like a ribbon and a dragonfly lands right on the leash gives me a look and takes off so I'm trying to figure out coincidence or not.Just imagine if my spirit quide was a stinkbug, I was sorta hoping for a hawk or eagle but I guess if this is so they pick you and not the other way around.Thank you for all your stories
Devi

Re: Any strange insect stories out there

Post by Devi »

Becks wrote:I don't really have strange stories, but rather I feel like I get messages and confirmation from insects. I remember I was meditating on a beach one west coast summer day and when I opened my eyes there was a gorgeous Western Tiger Swallowtail (nice big showy butterfly). I tend to get messages from moths when it's time to withdraw and do my spiritual dream/journey work.

I love your mantis story Devi. We don't have them where I live. I'd love to see one.

I remember vividly finding an Ergates spiculatus..it's a big brown beetle (over 2 inches long) in a mixed Douglas fir and cedar forest. That is a big insect for this area. I had no idea we had beetles that big here. :)
He was beautiful and being and child I would talk to him and he would turn his head from side to side ,I think he probably thought I was nuts
Devi

It happened again insect story!!!

Post by Devi »

I am sitting here writing this in stunned amazement,I'm the one with the previous stinkbug story yes I thought that was pretty interesting but tonight beats all,my bedroom door stays closed all day I have a screen on my window which was slightly open,being it was such a nice day I thought I'd look around and see if i saw any insects on the house nope none just one ladybug in the house whom I picked up and put back outside. So I come up to my bedroom decide to try a little meditation which I have a hard time with and the go to my altar light my candles give thanks for all my blessings from the Goddess and God something buzzes right past my head well I was definitely spooked but thought this can't possibly be a stinkbug again I douse the candles I'm searching around thinking maybe I had too much sun today or something my dogs on the bed looking at me like I'm nuts which I'm beginning to agree with when something tell me to look by the candles in the corner where he was the first time sure enough there he is between the candles he's now in a cotton candy container I'm going to see what they eat and see what the weather is like before I decide what to do I'm going to try to get a pic by the way his name is Simon.I am truely stunned!
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Last time I went camping I threw a log on the fire and saw a click beetle scampering to get out of the pit so I saved him and placed him in the grass next to the fire. About an hour later my husband was by the fire and started to get moody and rude towards me and then that same beetle crawled up his foot and bit him on the ankle. Karma's a B! Tehe.

Return to “Animals and Pets”