Bees please!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
T'a Nuk

Bees please!

Post by T'a Nuk »

Not sure where to put this one, but since my wife and I have an herb and flower/vegetable garden and I love cultivating medicinal and magical herbs native to our area, I just want to share our excitement. This weekend we will be collecting our first honeybees! We have planned and prepared for this since last summer and the day is nearly here. Honey, wax, and a healthy garden as well as the peace and wisdom these little guys bring will be a huge addition to our little corner of the cosmos.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Bees please!

Post by SpiritTalker »

Congratulations. It's like brining home the new baby. I wish you and your hive well.

My eyes blurred and I first read the title as Beers please, and I couldn't click fast enough! Bees are good too, just not the same. :roll:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Best wishes in your endeavor. We need more bees. We need more bats too.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Yex

Post by Yex »

Very exciting! Congratulations! Bees are the bee's knees!

We have a mint plant in front of our house, and there are always a ton out there, mostly honeybees, but a good number of bumblebees as well. I'd love to take up beekeeping.

I wish you well in your venture! Post photos!
love is the whole and more than all
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Happy plants, honey, and wax. It is easy to see why bees are sacred to so many cultures. When I was growing up on the rez almost everyone had a hive or two. I would like to try to make mead. I have several ancient recipes. I will post pics soon. Snowcat is right, we need more bats. I have built bat houses. Somewhat complex, but worth the effort. There are plans for several designs online. Also if you want to attract pollinators to your garden put out a shallow plate of water. It will attract butterflies as well. Just place it off the ground and put pebbles in it so they don't fall in and drown, best too if you keep it some distance away from human spaces as it will attract hornets and wasps as well.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Oh how exciting! I'm hoping to get bees next bee season. Good luck with your hive
BB

Blue Moon
moonlitwish

Post by moonlitwish »

I'm so jealous! I've been looking into beekeeping as well since we have a mere 3 bumbles that visit and I've seen 1 lonely honeybee all summer. I've even convinced my wife to let me plant clover in with the grass to attract more pollinators so our garden does better. I think it was the zucchini plants not producing that tipped the scale in my favor.
Wishing you the best of luck with your bees!

*~*moonlitwish*~*

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”