Ghost leaving change around

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Szette

Ghost leaving change around

Post by Szette »

I'm staying with a friend of my until my place is ready. She has always told me about the weird things that happen in her house, cabinet doors open, things are moved, etc. But I've noticed loose change around. No matter how many times we pick it up, there is always a dime $0.10 and a penny $0.01 laying together in the floor somewhere. Or in the guest bathroom there is always a penny laying in the same spot, and I have personally pick the pennys up in there, but it always finds it way back! Anyone know anything about why this would be going on??
Blessed Be,
Szette
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i'm by no means an expert...but that sounds alot like what people say fae get upto does it not?
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Sounds a bit like my house.lol.We call it 'the portable anomaly' [in the space time continuum: of course.lol again] Things appear /dissappear reappear regularly and so on.The old lady who lived here before us, also hung around awhile after we moved in, she had 'unfinished bills-ness[unfinished business]. I paid £2.59 outstanding community tax charge on her behalf.She left soon after. I promised to light a candle in the Chapel for her. She didn't like my carved skull and 'wobbled' him often.I conceded to her sensibility for a little while , but I did let her know she would need to back off,in thwe end [skully is of sentimental value to me].I think she liked kids being in the house again and all our family chaos.She wasn't at all scary, the wee ones talked of/to 'the wee old lady' and said 'she's a nice lady.'Hey ho.I'm normally so pragmatic in life, spirits of dead people don't bother me. I'll help them to get things sorted so they can move on.It's good manners.lol.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

No matter how many times we pick it up, there is always a dime $0.10 and a penny $0.01 laying together in the floor somewhere.
Ghosts, Fair Folk, *and* Loas do that sort of thing a lot. I mention this, because not 24 hours ago, was asking myself out of the blue, "Now which Loa likes 11 cents these days? I used to know, but I can't remember."

IF you think the Loa option is likely, you should talk to an expert. I only have a vague layman's understanding of Santaria and the like, and the your local experts would know much more how to tell than I would.

As for getting an idea for what denizen may be dwelling there, first start by getting every member of the household to tell their stories of the odd things that go on there. Anything that struck them as odd... you can filter them out later. If there are similar experiences that happen at different times, especially to different family members, that's good. That means there's a pattern to work with, and that's valuable.

Second, you look for trends or 'tels' that will give you a "profile" to work with, based on the collected stories. Then, you go from there. Heck, if you come up with something (and by all means, with permission from you friend!) see if you can post some of the details here. We could pool our respective experience with these sorts of things and help you figure it out.
Broken2nite

Post by Broken2nite »

Is the loose change the only thing you've noticed that disappearns and reappears or are there other things? If other things are moved around, about how heavy are the objects that are moved?
Szette

Post by Szette »

Well we know that the cabinet doors are opened sometimes, and every once in a while drinks, plastic cups, get moved. I'll talk to my friend and see what else she can tell me about what happens around here. The cats used to hiss and what not, but they don't anymore. About a year or so ago, when she first started telling about this, I gave her some suggestions on what she could do to maybe stop these happenings, and mostly all has stopped, but the change and the drinks getting moved. But I'll do some questioning and get back with you guys! Thanks.
Blessed Be,
Szette
Zei

Post by Zei »

This is somewhat off topic, somewhat not.

It's funny that you mention they leave you coins, I talk to god with pennies sometimes. I ask yes or no questions (assigning heads as my universal no, and tails my universal yes so I don't have to stop and think about it everytime) and see what it says. So if it were me and coins were being left around, flip them! Flip them together and ask some questions and see what happens.

Maybe something, maybe nothing. I'll say this, last night I went bowling with my brother and his girlfriend and there were 3 pennies sitting there and I'd get bored and I picked up all 3 of them and shook them and dropped them, only did this maybe 4 or 5 times (I feel weird about doing it a lot, seems like abuse for some reason.) and 3 of those times they all came up either heads or tails, the odds of that are low, and the fact that it came up like that 3 times out of only a few flips is even lower.

I don't know, just a suggestion. Maybe they want you to ask them something.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

to the above, Ever looked into I Ching?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching_divination
Broken2nite

Post by Broken2nite »

If the objects that are being moved around and ect., are not above a pound, I wouldn't worry, but if HEAVY things are being moved, especially from room to room, or objects being manipulated, I'd get worried. Sounds like you're good though.
Zei

Post by Zei »

Sobek wrote:to the above, Ever looked into I Ching?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching_divination
wow no I haven't, this is really interesting, thanks
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Yep, I have a set of coins for I Ching.Mine are Chinese brass coins, but any coins will do really. I sometimes use copper pennies.Good idea on the coin tossing to talk with the spirits.I like that.Have a cool Yule all.
Elven555

Post by Elven555 »

Sobek wrote:i'm by no means an expert...but that sounds alot like what people say fae get upto does it not?
That was my first thought as well.
Earth my body, water my blood,
Air my breath and fire my spirit
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

My mother always told me that when you find a penny laying around, it is to remind you that your guardian angel is watching over you. My mother is gone now, but every time I find a penny, I think of her.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I am like an astral magnet. Our house is a bit of a labyrinthine timewarp.It's a small house, but I'm clever with furniture and placements / design, so it seems bigger, that and the fact that strangeness abounds - I am tidy, I am organised, with lots of kids ,you need to be really.Things dissapear, following no logic.They turn up later in odd places.We are so used to this that it's become part of normality for us.My point is that this is a benign phenomenon,do you do energy workings at all?

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”