We three...

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Back in ye olde days, it was very popular to wear "best friend" charms. Did some looking, and they're still around... plus they do make them for three friends:

(You'll need to cut and paste them into a browser...the link is to long for the software to handle without coding, and I'm feeling lazy.)

http://www.shop.com/SS_%27%27WE%27RE_BE ... html?trk=2

http://www.shop.com/Genuine_Sterling_Si ... html?trk=7

What about something like that? You could do some sort of consecration ritual to make them special, and that way if things do go weird in the future, each person could more easily deconsecrate them and dispose of the item.
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

You could all make a fire and go home and light your furnace and hot water heater with it. I know a guy who was involved with carrying the Olympic torch and he went home and lit his hot water heater with something he lit from the Olympic torch so he's always have a part of it. I don't know if you should really do that one either, but I thought it was a cool story, maybe I'll light mine from our Summer Solstice bonfire this year.

Kolohe
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Interesting thread. Juliaki, I never thought of lemon that way... It's one of the few things that I identify as cleansing, without being offensive. Lemon isn't what I'd pick for a ceremony between friends, but it kicks ass for a cleansing. The way you describe it, it seems like it ought to be used for cursing. >.<
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Lemons can be effectively used for cursing, yes.
XunderXtheXmoonX

Post by XunderXtheXmoonX »

juliaki wrote:Well, I don't see why you want to ruin your friendship with these people, but I guess that's your right. :?
...that was rude! i don't see why it would ruin your friendship, but make it stonger and bring you closer together.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

If you go back through the replies, you'll see why the rite as written would be unhealthy/destructive for the relationship. ;)
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

Her point was valid, and true enough that lemons can be used for curses. Again I just had them on hand, and for once I didn't think of the diction associated with absolutly everything I was using, so thankyou.

And it might be rude, but its honest and at the very least, we should respect her opinion. I got over it, its just Juliaki's style, lol. :)
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Lemon as a candle color has been used by some in healing conditions where the body is not absorbing calcium properly from foods. Perhaps lemons could be used in the same way (healing)? That is if trying to find a good use for lemons...
Cherokeewind
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Thanks for the explanation juliaki...I learn something everyday. Thanks for sharing that with us.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

My family for many years used trees to represent people.

Blue spruces in our case, but my grandfather planted a tree for each of his kids in his back yard. Now, spruces are very different from lemon trees, and I guess I could see why that might be problematic.

Oh, you could use herkamer diamonds to represent you three... basically each person gets one to represent someone else. Cleanse them all. Then each of you takes them and wears them for a week... or sometimes three. Depends on what amount of time feels right for you. Then, you cleanse them again, but leaving YOUR vibes in there. Then each person gives one of theirs to the other, so that each person has one stone from someone else in the group, and you can use those to get to work with that person well.
Keep them isolated from other stones unless you want to work with that person's energy. Each person should have a special bag for those stones, and yes, keep one for yourself. You want a representative of YOU in your group, after all.
nini

Post by nini »

Planting a tree to symbolize friendship is one good thing mankind can do. Bringing it home to remind you of someone is still OK but please do not rely on the tree alone as true friendship lies no bound. One can leave and forget but the memories still remain.
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I am aware that relying souling on a tree for a link to a friend is not a great idea. Thanks for your insight, the matter has been closed.
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

personally i really like lemons. i like the sourness. i can just sit there and suck them
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
dandilion heart

Post by dandilion heart »

Heka wrote:personally i really like lemons. i like the sourness. i can just sit there and suck them
teeheeheeee
me too! i think its a beautiful ritual shaman of bliss.... and personally if you keep it light it sounds pretty tame to me.

when i was 13 my girlfriends and i used to carve symbols into each others skin!!! and even though thats a little crazy... as the disturbed little girl i was! (and maybe still am) there were no undesirable effects on our friend ship, no curses, etc... the only advice i have to you is this. trees are beings existing from there own souls too and they are very much apart of cyclic existence.. birth.. life.. death... and so on it goes....

i think if you keep this in mind and be aware, you will be safe.

it souns like they are very dear to your soul....

my closest girlfriends and i bleed at the same time on the fullmoon each month too!
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

bah, I know several people who carve symbols into them selves, actually I visited the site this shaman fellow is at, he has recently carved the rune of Odin into himself, then dripped hot wax from a burning candle on the wound.

He seems to find a purpose for it in his magick, and I don't thin he's crazy, though, I've really only read a couple of his posts.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”