Smoking?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
darkestlight*

smoking

Post by darkestlight* »

I have been smoking since I was 12. My mom used to smoke to....2 packs a day......and she quit she's hasn't had one in 10 yrs.
Lora
Dan Luna

Post by Dan Luna »

I gave up smoking and later drinking which was also getting too much. As well as the health issues, it really annoyed me that I couldn't control the cravings. Whenever the thought came into my mind it helped to imagine unpleasant feelings such as feeling breathless or nasty tastes, and now these have become automatic associations.
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

I smoke as well,have tried to quit,just isnt that easy,like ya'll said you have to want to do it,and I know I am not there yet,lol!!!One day maybe!!!

BB!!!

Tigerlily
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Everyone can stop smoking if you are willing you can do it.
Mel

Post by Mel »

As long as you think you can, you can. I know how corny it sounds. My dad used to smoke, and when I was seven i told him that all I wanted for my birthday that year was for him to stop smoking. Believe it or not, he did. So that just goes to show you that it is possible!

Mel
5moons

Post by 5moons »

See mels dad did it. Now everyone can do it.
Mel

Post by Mel »

-looks defensive- Yeah! So...are you guys quitting yet? :)

Mel
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Mel wrote:-looks defensive- Yeah! So...are you guys quitting yet? :)

Mel
*Starts a big Fire pit*
Come on QUIT!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Scientific evidence shows that it's much easier for a man to quit than for a woman. It's a biological thing. That's great for your dad. My husband quit a few weeks ago but he is still smoking - not as much, but he is.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

wrote:Scientific evidence shows that it's much easier for a man to quit than for a woman. It's a biological thing. That's great for your dad. My husband quit a few weeks ago but he is still smoking - not as much, but he is.
Nah my grandma did. I asked her when I was young to stop and she did.
being-singular-plural

Generational Shifts

Post by being-singular-plural »

I am a smoker. I was one of the last high school generations (1988-1992) where smoking was still cool. Probably 75% of the highschool population smoked back then. I think after grunge, everybody got cleaned up for the Brittney show. . .I plan on quitting, but have not set a date or a time. I intuitively sense that I will not die a smoker, and when it is time, I suspect it will be difficult, but not unmanageable. I also know that I will "know" when it is time to quit. . .

This is a question for the teens out there: What does your generation think about smoking. The media wants to portray that today's youth are against it. . .but is it really true?

Blessings,

bsp
needguidence

Post by needguidence »

I started at 4! then I stoped for a couple of years. Then I started up again. But its like one a week.
Mel

Post by Mel »

AT FOUR? damn! i am watched WAY too closely at home and would be caught. My mum and step-da are too protective! They think that the first time you smoke you instantly die. -snort- Talk about serious problems.

MEL
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I graduated in 1992 and I agree with you Chris, that smoking was very popular back then and I do think it was one of the last years that it was popular (unfortunately for me). There are still a lot of teenagers that smoke though, but I think they mostly just do it on weekends when they are drinking. But that's how you start right? (That's how I started anyway.)

Do you think I will die a smoker Chris?

being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Hi ,

This is a simple indulgence that will have to dispensed with, eventually. I am waiting for the mid-life crisis where I will quit and the money I save will be used to buy a slick red sports car!! How's that for an image: a half-bald 40 year old ex-smoker cruising the strip in a slicked up speedster, still blasting Nirvana!! We're both 30 now --there's still a few more years before the toxicity reaches dangerous levels. But, I am frustrated with anti-smokers. It is huge here in Canada--a big gov't program to bash all smokers. But, if you drive a car, especially in a major city like Toronto, you are getting 10x the amount of carcinogens in your lungs. Some people just don't really know what they are doing--Look at your own poop before you criticize someone else's--I guarantee that everyone's crap stinks, if only just a little!!! But, I imagine that as long as humans have existed, so has hypocrisy. . . When are you gonna quit ??

Lots of light,

Chris

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”