Smoking?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
angela

Smoking?

Post by angela »

I have that addiction for cigs. I think that I am pretty clear on the Harm None. I am not supposed to do anything to harm my self either. I have been addicited for 20 years. Does any one has any good advice?
dragonprincess99

Post by dragonprincess99 »

My doc gave me an antidepressents and the patch to stop smoking . It did work , but I had to keep telling myself I don't smoke . I have quit now for 6 months now , but anything is easy if you put your mind to it and really want to stop doing something that is bad for you . Good Luck !

Blessed Be ,
Donna
dragonprincess99

That is a good reason right there to quit . That is why I quit . My 2 year old started trying to smoke my cigarettes . One day I had a smoke and he kept trying to take it from me wanting to smoke it . It's hard to believe at 2 he knows how to smoke . I have 3 older kids and they never did those things that I know of at least . I feel so much better and have so much more energy since I quit .

Blessed Be ,
Donna
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Well I'm glad some of you guys were able to kick the habit... as for me, still addicted. But I think the key to any amount of success is that you really have to want to quit... and I guess I'm still just not ready to. :sad:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Hi Donna,

I think that is just more proof of reincarnation (your child trying to smoke your cigarettes). He probably smoked in his past life and wants to pick it back up again now. Don't be too surprised if he starts smoking at an early age, but it's good that you quit. Maybe he'll forget about it and not smoke this lifetime. Then again, it could have just been that children want to imitate adults, which is very true, and he was trying to imitate you. But I prefer the reincarnation approach. ;)

dragonprincess99

That is a very good point about reincarnation . I know I started way too young being only 7 years old . I'm hoping my kids don't smoke , but if they do there isn't much I can do . Although it has been a little while since I quit I still want one so bad . Especially , now that I'm off the " happy " pills . LOL !!! But , I'm coping . smiley25a

Blessed Be ,
Donna
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

7 YEARS OLD!!! WOW! That is really something!
dragonprincess99

My sister which is 6 years older than me got me started when I was 7 . I know it's really bad , but it helped me through my dad's death and I never stopped until 6 months ago . So I smoked for 25 years .

Blessed Be ,
Donna
_Snow_Falcon_

Post by _Snow_Falcon_ »

MoonStone wrote:But I think the key to any amount of success is that you really have to want to quit... and I guess I'm still just not ready to. :sad:

Yeah I think that's also the reason why I can't quit. I know it's horrible for me but i just don't really feel like quiting. The only thing that really has made me think about quiting lately was seeing a double lung transplant on TV :shock: .
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Yep, that'll do it ! blue_blank
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

Everytime I try to quit, people throw cigs at me to start again. I am EVIL :evil: when I am not smoking. And I figure Silvia Brown said they are going to have a cure for lung cancer this year, so why nother now. Too bad they can't some up with one for oh I don't know, AIDS, or Breat Cancer!!

Marie
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Got another smoker here. :( I'm especially bad when I'm on the internet. I did quit for like 4 or 5 years, but then I got super stressed out and started up again. Seems like that happens to many people that quit. Glad I'm not the only one like that here. I have read spells to stop addictions, but I've never tried them. Guess it's like you all said you seriously have to want to and I'm just not there right now.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

My husband smoked his last cigarette Friday and hasn't smoked one since. He just stopped. He has done this before and quit for 5 years and then when he met me he started smoking again. I told him he should quit if he is able to (because he says he is able to at any time) because I heard that men who smoke get clogged arteries, and not only in the heart, but in their PENIS, and when they get a bit older they can't get it up anymore and it's because of the smoking. I'm sure he would never want to have that problem (and never does have it as of yet). It's a good incentive to get men to quit. I hear that it's much harder for women to quit than men though.

power_within

Post by power_within »

I smoked for three years and when it got past half a pack a day I said "I'm going to quit" so I did, haven't picked up a cigarette since 2 1/2 years ago now, just set ur mind to it and beleive in ur self.
Adeil

Post by Adeil »

i have never smoked befor...i dont really plan on trying it eather hehe.

~Alex

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”