Deja Vu?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Silverslayer

Deja Vu?

Post by Silverslayer »

First off, let me apologize if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't find a better place for it.

Well, I get Deja Vu a lot. Randomly, I'll be doing something, a get a very strong feeling that the exact situation has happened before, down to the very last minute detail. I'll have said those exact words, the clock will be on that exact time. Even the smallest details like the number of pennies on a counter will be exactly the same.

I'm just curious about why this happens, and what it's supposed to mean? Ideas?

xxgeorgiexx

Post by xxgeorgiexx »

gosh this is something ive never really thought about although a frequent bouts of it happen a lot. My brother told me once that DeJaVu was being in the right place at the right time, others might say its linked to past lives...science says its a tempory malfunction of the brain that involves memory and present, for a moment out brains "mix up" the present and memory and gives us the impression we've done this before.

PErsonally i dont know!! Will be interesting to see what others say on it tho :) xxx
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

I think Deja Vu is also farsight...

At times I go through something...and its like mouthing the words of a song you've listened to a lot but haven't heard in awhile. And everything moves so strangely. is that Deja Vu or Vuja De? (George Carlin joke). Like what happened where I felt that...felt like I had a dream that it happened awhile ago...that same feeling. Like a memory...its been happening at least once a day since I moved into this new town six months ago.
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

Well for me, it's not like a song or any other kind of idea like that, its more so of a situation. I'll be in a room, and suddenly, I'll get a strong feeling that everything that happened in that moment, a span of like up to three seconds, has all happened, exactly that way to me, before. Although I don't think if I consciously thought of it before hand, that I would have that same feeling. I don't really know though.

The most recent example of Deja Vu I've had is when I was watching Bedtime Stories. It was near the end, when Adam Sandler saves the day, he went and said something to the two kids in the movie right after winning them back, and I just knew that I had seen that before or something. But I had never seen a trailer of that part of the movie, and I had never seen the movie before.

I appreciate the feedback, but I'm still a little unsure about this. Anyone else have ideas :)?
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

I think in that instance its a little of both...precog and predictability of human kind. in this day and age there is no such thing as an orginal thought
Ben

Post by Ben »

For me DéjaVus are stronger. I never had just a feeling that it happened before. It's more like a vision, only very close to the moment it'll happen. I see the exact situation and what will happen in a few seconds. That's as close as I've come to a DéjaVu. So maybe what you're feeling is like a small vision, not of the past but of the present and maybe a little future, only it expresses itself not by image and sound, but by knowledge... :)
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

Well, someone in PM told me they think my subconscious mind could be looking into the future a little bit, and that's why I feel like I've experienced the event before.

I don't really think it's a vision, and I know I don't see into the future from it, yet at least. Its really just a feeling I get that I've done this all before, and I don't really know why. Something that just occurred to me though, could it possibly be related to past lives?
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Yes and no on Past lives. In my experience I was looking into a place that didn't exist here(in a video game don't laugh. Where do you think people got their ideas from) and I had never seen it before but I felt like I have walked those roads myself and felt the cobblestones beneath my feet.

And its a good thing in my opinion
Ben

Post by Ben »

Many people tend to say: "it's just a mental disfunction, get over it." So why is it that so many people doubt that theory (as for the theory of the Soul within, I might add)?
I believe in Reincarnation, but I don't think we live the same life again and again. This would be more like a punishment. Reincarnation is something that I cannot ignore: mostly because it's been haunting me since I was a little boy. First remembering deaths and then bits and pieces: as a little boy, I came to my mother telling her about them. I had a very nice and protective childhood: I had never been confronted to death (not even by Jesus's death on the cross), in any way. My parents believe that that would increase perception and sensibility... not setting a limit to life.
Anyway, as usual I'm not getting to my point here. Déjà-Vus can be really anything as far as I'm concerned. I just don't believe in the brain-sickness or in the you-live-your-life-again theory.

I just babble and babble on, don't I? Sorry for that.
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

I know what your saying...
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

Rifts980 wrote:I know what your saying...
Lol, me? I'm glad.

I like your signature by the way. It always brings a smile to my face :lol:.
[Silver Dove]

Post by [Silver Dove] »

Deja Vu is related to time travel to future, and outer body experience in my case. I have also heard this theory before as well. Sometimes when you are sleeping or in a trance state your soul travels into future time and you actually experience the event, but when you come out of that state you do not remeber it and it is buried in your subconcious, therefore when the event actually happens you get the deja vu feeling. This can help you change the course of future if you realize it in time.
Example,
we had a valentine's party and my hubby was talking to some family members and friends about buying Tayota Venza. He had a deja vu the whole time the party was going on. After all the guests had left he told me about it. And he also mentioned that in his time travel/deja vu he also saw that once we buy the venza in 2-3 days time after that 1 of us will loose our job and we eventually loose everything...our house, our car etc. So at 1st I did not believe him (I was being stupid...I get visions so why would I not believe what he was saying...yes stupid of me), in any event...we went ahead and started the paper work to get the venza, guess what happened after that....I end up geting laid off. As we were leaving home for work (the day I lost my job), my hubby says to me today is the day one of us is going to loose our jobs. Now this was a wake up call for me....I told him to cancel of the Venza. We than bought a different car (we needed a car so we had no choice)....I believe in doing so we changed the course of the future because even though I did not have a job for the next couple months, we were okay. We haven't lost our home, our new car and we could still afford our nanny. BTW I do have a fabulous new job now. You can call it Dejavu or premonitions...but my hubby said that it was no vision or premonition... he has been here in this moment physically...therefore the theory of time travel and outer body experiene.

Anyways I thought I will drop my 2 cents in case any of you might benefit from it.
May love, peace & hope always be with you. Blessed Be!

Silver Dove
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

That's very cool, Silver Dove. I get Deja Vu very seldom these days but when I do it's usually to warn me of something negative coming down the pike if I don't change things so I'll do something out of the ordinary to break the Deja Vu I'm experiencing, thus derailing the incident that otherwise would have unfolded.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Ben wrote:Many people tend to say: "it's just a mental disfunction, get over it." So why is it that so many people doubt that theory (as for the theory of the Soul within, I might add)?
I believe in Reincarnation, but I don't think we live the same life again and again. This would be more like a punishment. Reincarnation is something that I cannot ignore: mostly because it's been haunting me since I was a little boy. First remembering deaths and then bits and pieces: as a little boy, I came to my mother telling her about them. I had a very nice and protective childhood: I had never been confronted to death (not even by Jesus's death on the cross), in any way. My parents believe that that would increase perception and sensibility... not setting a limit to life.
Anyway, as usual I'm not getting to my point here. Déjà-Vus can be really anything as far as I'm concerned. I just don't believe in the brain-sickness or in the you-live-your-life-again theory.

I just babble and babble on, don't I? Sorry for that.
I didn't mean live your life again if you were talking to me. lol just seeing familiar places. and its ok to babble...I don't mind because I do it too
emmi116

Post by emmi116 »

for me, i believe that we have all lived in different times before the ones we are in now. i believe deja vu is a past life and your current life crossing paths. how else could you feel that you've been through a certain situation before? i'm not sure if my point has been touched upon (because i didn't read everyone's responses before mine hehehe) but i hope that this clarifies things a little.
love always,
emmi

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”