Almost OBE'd one time, but now I can't. Help?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Almost OBE'd one time, but now I can't. Help?

Post by Crowfeather »

As my title suggests:
I read about OBE's and astral travel, etc. I thought I'd try it, so when it was time to go to bed, I undressed as normal and lie in bed. However, instead of lying on my side like normal, i lay prone, and focused on relaxing every muscle in my body, from the head to the feet. So far so good.
My breathing slowed, and I started easing into that alpha state or just trance, whatever. I was focusing intently on my third eye chakra, finding that my closed eyes often drifted to look up towards it, even though my eyes were closed.
All was well, until about fifteen minutes in. Suddenly, I felt as though my soul were being lifted from my physical body, my feet first, hinging on my third eye! (Like, most of my body was separated, but my physical third eye and my astral one still occupied the same space, so my body and astral body made a > if viewed from the side, you get the idea.) This happened suddenly, as though my astral body were being lifted quickly, or jerked out of my physical body. I had read not to get scared, or physically move, and even though i diddn't, my consiousness returned suddenly and I was back in my body, heart racing.
That was about 2 or 3 months ago.
Now, whenever I try, I'll do the same process, but 30-45 minutes in, nothing happens. I know it can happen, i have faith, and I'm not afraid, I WANT it to happen, but it wont. So what now?
Thanks for your help.
Blessed be,
Crowfeather
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

No suggestions? I'm still stumped on this problem.
Why can't I astral project or OBE now?
What can I do to fix it so I can?
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

I've already expressed, that it may be neccessary to perform a cleansing...although I still have yet to find my notes. :(

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”