Purification Potion

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
NightRose
Banned Member

Purification Potion

Post by NightRose »

AHA! I found one! (See, folks, this is what happens when you don't keep an organized Book of Shadows. You end up with things scattered everywhere.)

This is a purification potion that is really more of a bath, but shhh, don't tell anyone. Anyways, ahem, this potion is used to bathe to purify you before a ritual and to rejuvenate you. Which basically means you could use it every day if you wanted, but it's also good for a ritual bath. :)

Mix: 1 teaspoon (mind you, these are all approximate, they don't need to be exact) of rosemary, 1 teaspoon lavender, 1 teaspoon of peppermint, one teaspoon of chamomile, 1 teaspoon of sage, and a tablespoon each of oatmeal and seasalt. Place these all in a sachet, which you then put in the bath with you and allow to mix with warm water.

For substitutions, you can use chamomile tea packets for the chamomile, and regular salt in place of the sea salt. My notes say that if you have to, you can just not have one of the ingredients (such as, just don't use sage), but it won't work quite as well, and usefulness and calming abilities decrease as you drop ingredients. The sachet is also something not needed (you can just put them right in the bath), but it's recommended. Especially for women, herbs have a tendency to get stuck in your hair to be found much later...not to mention they'll clog the drain.

Feel free to answer with suggestions to improve it or stories of experiences, as I'm trying to get my BoS together better with sidenotes about things. :)
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Oh! And I almost forgot! While relaxing in the bath, I recommend lighting white candles nearby to aid in purifying and to give blessing. Also, feel free to listen to music that relaxes you, as the point of this bath is to relax you and release you from the burdens of stress and the day before you go into a ritual.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

Lol, cool beans.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a potion post!!

green1 big_grin
zenine

Post by zenine »

Nice one ::coolglasses::
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

If you don't have a sachet might I suggest using a coffee filter taped after all the herbs have been put in.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

Melindrose wrote:If you don't have a sachet might I suggest using a coffee filter taped after all the herbs have been put in.
I think a rubberband might work better then tape, as when the tape gets wet it won't be sticky anymore..
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

I was thinking either duck tape which is highly water resistant, or electrical tape which once adhered to a surface is water proof long enough to get the scents defused into the water.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

Ah, okay then. :) I wasn't trying to contradict you. I was just picturing myself using scotch tape and putting the sachet in the water and leaving for a few minutes and coming back to a huge mess. I doubt anyone would do that though.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

I realize that I should have made myself more clear about what type of tape before.

Return to “Potions”