protection potion

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
hummingbird3

protection potion

Post by hummingbird3 »

burn sandalwood incense and light white candles. add salt, rosemary, basil, & sage to boiling water. cut an apple in half to expose the seed pentacle. put a bayleaf over the pentacles and put the whole apple in the water.

chant:
through earth & air, water and fire
i grant protection on this pyre
through sky & sea, land and eternity
as i will so shall it be

comments and suggestions appreciated :)
yo soy bruja y tu eres mi todo
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I'm curious as to why Jasmine incense? As far as I know, it's mostly used to fight depression and attract love and wealth. I've heard more about Sandalwood or Myrrh incense being used for protection.

I'd also ask if maybe for the second line of the chant, it should be "I ask protection." That might just be the fact that when I work with magic, I tend to ask for what I am trying to achieve through the spell or ritual. I know others prefer to just affirm the power from inside them, which is also fine. But for me, I consider a potion for protection sort of an appeal to the gods to ask their protection.

But I do think it is a great potion, don't be too put off by my criticisms. I hope these can help you (and feel free to tell me if you don't agree, there are no right answers in magic).
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

i actually really appreciate the criticism. ur right about the incense idk what i was thinking lol. as for the wording, i usually use my own power in spells i consider small, but it would work if you asked the goddess and god in the spell.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

Apart from the slight tip of the head at the jasmine incense, I like it. Thanks!
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

i changed the incense part and plan on changing it in our BOS if my mom & gma let me

thanks for the tips!
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

hummingbird3 wrote:i changed the incense part and plan on changing it in our BOS if my mom & gma let me
You could, instead of changing it, add a notes page afterwards, or even write a note on it in the margin. My BOS is full of notes such as "tried with ___ and it didn't quite do what I wanted it to do" or "____ can be substituted for ____ and it works just fine." It's the same way I store recipes, so I can watch them evolve, or return to the original if I one day realize why that thing was there or why the order was such. And your family might be more open to it if you're just adding a page, not changing a recipe (sticky note, even?)
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

thats true. they're just protective of it, but i could convince them that i'm enhancing it lol
Witch13
Banned Member

family

Post by Witch13 »

A family of witches? wow thats something i meet for the first time (yeah i was raised in a cave).
The potion i love it, i will put it in my book of shadows, oh and a question after the potion is ready you drink it or keep it in a jar?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

wow
I could do this one/// do the ingredients gotta be fresh?
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

you can drink it or bottle it.

no they dont have to be fresh just make sure the apple isnt rotten lol
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

hummingbird3 wrote:you can drink it or bottle it.

no they dont have to be fresh just make sure the apple isnt rotten lol
f*ck yeah...then thanks
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

I like this also...thanks
Annimaster

Post by Annimaster »

I like it also! :)
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

As much as i can think of other herbs that are more protective, Jasmin is still a protective herb, but its used for other things before protection, so perhaps another herb is best... i love the spell though, well done =)

Blessed be
Pix
[Silver Dove]

Post by [Silver Dove] »

Just a silly question ....is there measurements to the ingriedients...ie. pinch of salt, 1 oz of rosemary etc....?

Thanks
May love, peace & hope always be with you. Blessed Be!

Silver Dove

Return to “Potions”