The art of scrying (divination)

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Witch13
Banned Member

The art of scrying (divination)

Post by Witch13 »

SCRYING is an ancient art that has been used by mystics and clairvoyants through the ages to develop psychic ability.

Archaeological evidence indicate that people inhabited ancient Egypt much earlier than has previously been suggested and by the 4th Century BC one of the goddesses in Egypt, HATHOR, the Egyptian Sky Goddess of Joy and Love was believed by priests and priestesses to carry a shield that could "reflect back all things in their true light".

From this shield she was said to fashion the first magic mirror to "see" or "scry".

By gazing into a reflective object such as water or a mirror, a person is able to go into a light hypnotic trance state that allows them to see information that arrives in the form of pictures, symbols, letters, impressions, or sensations. All this information comes from the person making a free association with images they may notice when looking into the reflective object, however trivial or irrelevant they may seem to the conscious mind. By focusing on these so-called trivial images, a connection is formed with the subconscious mind and the images can then deepen to reveal more complete information and in some instances even allow the person to see an "inner movie".

The above text is from a site that helped me a lot in the past http://www.mystic-mouse.co.uk

Have faith in yourself and magic..
[new_witch]

Post by [new_witch] »

waoooooo that was cool by the way how to get in hypnotic stage i tried many times but i sleep every time i try it
knowledge is my aim.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

lol yeah I was gonna look at the topic but a huge sign told me to stop! :P
Mikhael

Post by Mikhael »

any recommendations on if water or mirrors are better? I just get the feeling that doing it with a mirror would be f*cking creepy like in a horror movie or something..
Let me take you down cuz I'm going to.. strawberry fields.. nothing is real..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace-- Jimi Hendrix
Witch13
Banned Member

mirror or water

Post by Witch13 »

Good question, i guess the answer would be "what you like best" i agree a mirror can be scary!!!
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

could u use the bible to scry somehow? i would not feel good about using anything else, but it sounds very interesting.
Witch13
Banned Member

BIBLE

Post by Witch13 »

I have never heard of bible scrying, what you mean?
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

I think Whitewitchboi_235 means Bibliomancy.

You can use any book to do this with but the concensus is that a lot of poeple used and still use a bible or holy book to read with.

I dont think of this a scrying but it is used for advice and help.

Take a book and let it drop open at any page.
Close your eyes and point at any part of the open pages.
Read the paragraph you have pointed to.
This is where you should find the answer to that which you are seeking, be it advice or confirmation / rejection of a yes or no question.
rainysoul

Post by rainysoul »

new_witch wrote:waoooooo that was cool by the way how to get in hypnotic stage i tried many times but i sleep every time i try it
Its a "light hypnotic stage", you're not trying to hypnotize yourself, just enter a slightly altered state of consciousness. Think of it more like trying to un-focus your eyes to see those 3D pictures.
could u use the bible to scry somehow? i would not feel good about using anything else, but it sounds very interesting.
No, scrying is something different, like Sheelanagig said. It does require a reflective surface.

@Mikhael Use what works for you. There's nothing creepy about mirrors, they only show a reflection, but so does the shiny part on my tv, my phone, my toaster... It's that "creepy" factor that make people think such negative things about witches. Do what works for you, not what you think is creepy because of a movie. Try both. :)
Whitewitchboi_235

maybe i'm dense, but i don't understand...

do you mind me asking what the difference is between using the book, or a mirror?

sorry, i'm dumb about this.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

A book gives you guidance via the written word.
Scrying is a visionary experience,
which means you see images with the use of a reflective surface
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/marionuk/banner.jpg[/img]
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

In the charmed series they used a pendulum (crystal with a cord) to scry...That was a bit confusing for me. Yup the charmed are my favorite series along with bewitched :)
rainysoul

Post by rainysoul »

Witch13 wrote:In the charmed series they used a pendulum (crystal with a cord) to scry...That was a bit confusing for me. Yup the charmed are my favorite series along with bewitched :)
But they could also freeze time and things. ;)
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

Witch13 wrote:In the charmed series they used a pendulum (crystal with a cord) to scry...That was a bit confusing for me. Yup the charmed are my favorite series along with bewitched :)

LOL...yes, but they do scry with water a few times in the show.

But I have tried this on may occasions. I use water, just my personal preference. I always see something forming in the water, like swirling clouds, and then nothing.
Whitewitchboi_235

lol, my girlfriend hates that show. says it makes a lot of people want to make stuff witchcraft isn't...

i think the girls are cute.

also, thanks for explaining, sheelanagig, that makes more sense now thanks!

Return to “General Divination”