fluid female

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
thunder horse

fluid female

Post by thunder horse »

I am new to this site and thought I would drop by and say hello. I am queer bio female and I am in a relationship with a FtM. Nice to have found this thread on this site.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Welcome, Thunder Horse, it's good to have you...but just for clarification, you are biologically female and you're partner is female and is going to be male, correct? So, did you undergo operation as well? Or are/will you remain your current gender? I'm just a bit curious, and it's late so I'm not thinking clearly so it was a bit difficult for me to understand. :)
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I'm glad you asked that SP. I really find it difficult to keep up with all the lastest abbreviations of things.

In my day we just called them 'trannies' and that was that. Nowadays there are fancy words and letters to describe every step of the way. I can't keep up with it.
:D
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Well, I think that abbreviation MTF is male-to-female...I'm unsure of whether it's used as in the transitional stage or all stages, hence the reason I asked. :)
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I think you're right on that. I have no idea what a 'fluid female' is though. :?
thunder horse

hope this helps explain

Post by thunder horse »

I am a biologically born female and will remain so. My gender is not at odd with my body. I have no need of surgery.

about my partner:

My partner is interesexed. He was born with genetic markers of both genders but was mostly female bodied. He is transitioning from female bodied to male body so his body will match his gender.

Interesexed is the correct term to use, not hermaphrofite.

Tranny is not a pleasant word to use. MtF or FtM is much prefered. Transman is used if they have surgery.

Transgendered (TG) is a term specifically used for a person of one sex who lives like the opposite sex but has no surgeries to achieve it. They are content with their bodies and only wish to change their cultural gender role.

in regards to me:

I define myself as a hetero-queer. I dont like to mate with bio born men. (tho I have in the past) I dont like to mate with feminine women. I prefer masculinized women (butches) or TG or FtM men.

"fluid" relates to how one can look at me and see many orientations. Some would label me bisexual because I have been with bio men and bio females. Some would consider me lesbian because I am attracted to people who at least started out in female form and moved to male form, or who are female formed and are a masculinized female. Some have even called me straight because masciline energy tends to be what I am mostly attracted to. But others have said that my orientation is "fluid"...that like water, I pass from one arena to another with ease.

my gender is female, biologically

my specific expression of that gender is femme, not butch

my orientation is fluid

my lifestyle is hetero-queer because I live a hetero based lifetyle with my masculine mate. (I dont live a lesbian lifestyle because I dont live like a woman living with another woman)
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Very interesting. Thanks for that.
thunder horse

Post by thunder horse »

labels are a curious thing in the LGBT world...they have become so exhausting in their development that they no longer identify...there has to often be a definition accompanying them in order to ID the person who claims the label.

The best thing to remember with me is that I am ever changing and still the same at any given moment. As in...a person can place their foot in the creek...where the foot is is always the same..the water however, moves....

I am too old to fuss seriously with labels. I am a woman who is coupled with a man...good enough for me..
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

That was extremely enlightening thunderhorse. Thank you.

I will try to remember this when next i am with some of my lesbian sisters. I suspect a couple of them may be more of the "fluid Female" slant.

Again. Thank you.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”