Our 2 dogs fight for nothing - any spells to help?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
pegasusflyinghigh

Our 2 dogs fight for nothing - any spells to help?

Post by pegasusflyinghigh »

We have 2 dogs - 1 five years old and 1 three years old. For the last 6 months, they have been fighting over nothing. They are large dogs, both female, both fixed. The 3 year old came into our home when she was 3 weeks old and bottle fed - the 5 year old has always been with us. Maybe it is a dominance issue - but they fight over nothing.

I wonder if there is a spell that can help calm them and their hostile attitudes down? They have gotten along until about 6 months ago, and are friendly and fine between fights, but they are getting rather dangerous now. We have all been injured in one way or another trying to pull them apart. I just don't understand why it is over nothing, and nothing seems to work.

We truly need help in this matter before it comes down to putting them down. They are inside and loveable dogs 95% of the time. The other 5% is the fights. Please help??

Blessings,

Pegasusflyinghigh
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

It sounds like a dominance issue. There doesn't have to be something to fight over to cause a fight, they are just working out who's boss. And that shouldn't be either of them. It should be you. I recommend good old fashioned dog training. Not spells.
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

MidnightWolf wrote:It sounds like a dominance issue. There doesn't have to be something to fight over to cause a fight, they are just working out who's boss. And that shouldn't be either of them. It should be you. I recommend good old fashioned dog training. Not spells.
It is dominance, but what most people do not realize is that dogs always have an alpha. The alpha dog is not above the human, but it is above the other dogs in the house. In order to have a peaceful household, this has to happen. Some might also argue that their pack of dogs live in perfect harmony, but the fact is that the alpha signals are so subtle, the human does not pick them up. When you have more than one dog in a household, there will always be an alpha or there will always be issues.
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Are they fighting or are they playing? There's a difference, but some people don't understand that. Dogs do what humans would refer to as wrestle.
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

What body signals do the dogs give off while fighting?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

As others have suggested, the dogs need training not magick.

If it is plsyful fighting then they will generally look happy, wagging tails etc... If it is real fighting then the teeth will come out, tails will be stationary and they generally look aggressive rather than happy.

It may pay off to take them on long walks keeping both dogs right by your side on a short lead, virtually so they have no option but to walk at your heel and they dont have the freedom of running off sniffing things etc.. It is restrictive but it shows them both that you are the one in control and they may just calm down.

Short of that look up local training centers, they will be able to help. IT might be an idea to see if anything triggers the fights too, does one try to eat the others food, or water etc...
pegasusflyinghigh

They are fighting

They are definately fighting - the oldest, Ms Mary, will have hair raised completely from head to tail. She is a full blooded pit bull, but built like the American Bulldog. Sweet as she can be, gentle and humble. BUT, Snookie is the 3 year old, 1/2 pit and 1/2 boxer. Sweet and gentle also - BUT

When they fight, it is over nothing except that somebody has come in the house, one barks and the other tries to correct her from barking, which leads to a fight or they correct each other for chasing our house cats. We have the oddest variety of animals in the house, but they have been raised around them all. But, literally a dog fight insues. This is only 5% of the time. The other time they play normally, not so gracefully - :lol: at times, but they are a joy. We are trying to handle this without taking them to expensive training, because we cannot afford it, so we are trying this on our own first.

Snookie does go up to her and lowers her head normally and turns it a little sideways after a fight, separation, and we have settled them down to be together again.

I KNOW pits do NOT have a good reputation, but please - no Pit arguments about they should be put down because they are Pit's. They are NOT bad dogs simply because of their breed. Only owners of the breeds can make them totally bad dogs. We just need to get issues straight between these two. I hate to hear Judge Joe Brown, although I love his show, talk a dog down simply because of its breed. I've heard, German Shepard, Doberman, Chow, and now the Pit breed has taken over for the "bad dog". Needless to say, I've been around alot of years.

Thanks for all your help - we try to walk them alot because we do not have a fenced in yard and the dogs across the road are not on a leash, so we cannot turn them loose in our own yard, although I did for the snow. That was funny. But then had to bring them in because of the dogs across the road. That is frustrating! Anyway, I will get off of my soapbox, thanks for everyone's help!

Blessings to All,

Pegasusflyinghigh
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

A quick google returned plenty of results citing dominance as the issue. The younger dog, as it matures gets to the stroppy teenager stage of "i know everything, ill do what i want, you dont control me" sort of thing and challenges the older dog, perhaps this is the barking that happens. If it is the younger dog that barks at you and then the older one growls at it etc.. perhaps the younger dog is trying to gain your attentions and favouritism thus showing the older one that it is more important and higher up the ladder. The older one, having been with you longest doesnt like it as it considers itself to be higher up and so they fight. It could work the other way around too i suspect.

If it seems to you like thats whats happening sometimes just completely ignore both dogs and perhaps over time they will learn A.) Not to bark when you get home and B.) That there is no need to fight over the other dog barking for attention, its not getting attention so it doesnt matter.

you need to watch them very carefully to see what sets them off. Perhaps one will size the other up in some way or seek attention from you or the "best" toy in the house etc... If you notice that one dog pulls more than the other while out walking then it could be a sign that that dog thinks of itself as a leader (hence trying to "lead" you around the park etc...) so it may be worth trying to focus on that dog to get it to walk by your side and drop its dominance thing. Im just throwing out suggestions here, im not an expert but dogs are naturally pack animals. They need a hierarchy and at the top needs to be a strong leader.

PS: German shephards make brilliant pets so long as they are kept under control. any dog has the potential to attack but a big powerful dog like a Shepherd or even a staff with its powerful jaws can easily kill or seriously injure other animals and even people so they get a bad name because of it. It's a shame but its not the dogs fault.
pegasusflyinghigh

Thank you Shadowx

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Why? You didn't start - it's a pit - put them down!! Thank You for that - and you know, that could very well be it - Snookie is at the "teenager stage".

We will keep working with them and keep this info in mind.

Blessings to you and yours Shadowx -

Pegasusflyinghigh
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Im just reciting Cesar Millan :D

Best of luck though, if all else fails you could rehome one as a single dog. Once apart im sure they would make lovely dogs and you'd have no trouble finding a home for her.
pegasusflyinghigh

Thanks - but - -

They will never be rehomed. Ms Mary, the 5 year old belongs to my autistic son and Snookie, was bottle fed by my daughter since she was 3 weeks old - she was orphaned at birth due to problems with the mama passing away.

Thanks - but I've never heard what you've told me, so that is probably what it is when you think about it. We are watching and hoping -

Thanks again Shadowx!!!

Blessings,

Pegasusflyinghigh

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”