To What Extent Do You Identify With Your Family's Religion?

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Love_For_All

To What Extent Do You Identify With Your Family's Religion?

Post by Love_For_All »

I was born to Ashkenazi parents , and I still identify with Judaism, as well as with Wicca. I listen to Hebrew and Yiddish music (Klezmer ftw), I have an Israel flag in my room, and I observe Hanukkah and Sukkot with my family and friends. And yet, I also perform Wiccan rituals, wear a pentagram, listen to Pagan music, and read witchcraft books.

Luckily, my family is not Orthodox or Hasidic as then I would not be able to practice Wicca.

So in short, I identify as both. Many people on this forum seem angry and hateful towards their background, but I respect my ethnicity and will never deny or revoke it. That would be an insult to my ancestors who were killed by Nazis.

I wonder if anyone else on this forum feels the way I do about their background.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

I didn't grow up particularly religious, so I really have no spiritual baggage fighting with my pagan beliefs.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”