Does this sound silly?

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
oceaniawings

Does this sound silly?

Post by oceaniawings »

I have always loved natures "ingredients". As a child I always liked beig outside and collecting stuff - stones, leaves, bark, grass - I think lots of kids do. I never really lost the urge to collect ingredients, but as I got older and my family's christian beliefs convinced me potions are magic which is wrong. As I've been studying witchcraft, I've felt so much of me brought back to childhood... wandering down the street, dipping my toes in precious spring rain puddles and picking up perfect looking leaves. I want to have the space to keep some things but I don't know what my boyfriend or his mom (I live with them) will think. I mean, is it a waste of time to collect potion ingredients? Though magick is all intent, there is such a connection with the perfect ingredient... I have only done one spell, it was a pet protection spell, so I don't know what I'm talking about... just babbling really. Anyone have any thoughts ? :)
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

Nope. I don't think you're crazy at all. I have this habit of picking up ugly broken seashells because I like their texture and collecting rocks. One thing that might be helpful to you is to look at herbs both for their medicinal and magical properties. Then, you just look like a crazy person who uses fifteen different herbs to season her chicken with. I love to cook with my herbs that I grow/collect and incorporate it into spells and my cooking - sometimes at the same time. I really do believe that this is not an uncommon practice - in fact, early witches used the things that they found around the house to do spells with all the time.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

icebunny wrote: in fact, early witches used the things that they found around the house to do spells with all the time.
Makes a whole lot of sense
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

It is most definately NOT a waste of time. The best way to get in touch with what the craft means to you is to get out there and "get your hands dirty" if you will take it that way. Have fun with it and enjoy the time outside communing with nature. Best of luck!
Fireshine

Re: Does this sound silly?

Post by Fireshine »

Your not crazy at all!Alot of people do that!
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

icebunny wrote:Nope. I don't think you're crazy at all. I have this habit of picking up ugly broken seashells because I like their texture and collecting rocks. One thing that might be helpful to you is to look at herbs both for their medicinal and magical properties. Then, you just look like a crazy person who uses fifteen different herbs to season her chicken with. I love to cook with my herbs that I grow/collect and incorporate it into spells and my cooking - sometimes at the same time. I really do believe that this is not an uncommon practice - in fact, early witches used the things that they found around the house to do spells with all the time.
Woot woot, Kitchen and Hedge witches!!!!!
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

Yup, you caught me. Lol.

Return to “Potions”