The Fool As I Know Him

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Serendipity

The Fool As I Know Him

Post by Serendipity »

My three favorite decks are the Gilded Tarot, the Fairy Wicca Tarot, and the Witches Tarot.

For the Fool I think the one that has the best representation is the Witches Tarot. He is standing on a precious, seemingly unaware of it, holding a piece of paper, and carrying a hobo bag (which is a bundle on a stick over his shoulder.)

In this representation I see the beginning of a journey. But, sometimes I see more than that. I see someone who has not yet experienced the bumps and bruises that come to us when we journey. He is blissfully unaware of the tolls this journey is going to take on him.

Although I see him as naïve, ingenious, or innocent I seldom see him as a fool even though the card is titled as such. There are of course “fools errands” and occasionally his journeys are fools errands, but more often I simply see him as one who is either unaware of what is too come or one who has the courage to set his sight into the distance and “boldly go”, or both. Which of these things that I see at any given time depends of course on the reading I’m doing and the cards that surround him.

Additionally I think it is telling that the number for the Fool card is Zero. People are among other things, the sum of their experiences. The Fool is one who often has little or no experience, at least not in the area being explored in the reading being done when this card comes up.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I love the Gilded Tarot. Thats the Tarot that I (used) to use (before they got stolen). They work quite well :D
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Sounds like fun decks! :D I love my herbal deck & my goddess deck.
I also have a sacred geometry deck, but very hard to connect with. I need to work with them more.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.

Return to “Tarot Talk”