How to make Bio-Plastic

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Traumwandlerin

How to make Bio-Plastic

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Bio-plastic can be easily done out of old clothes and some things out of your kitchen. You can make any form you want and it's really stable. This way you can make your own colorful and weird-shaped objects. like lamps, bowls or really everything. Since you use clothes you can make interesting colors, patterns and surfaces. You'll need

Old clothes
Form
Oil

700ml Boiling Water
100ml Vinegar
150g Starch (wheat, not potatoe!)
one spoon of Glycerin

Use some cold water to mix the starch to avoid lumps. Then add the vinegar and the boiling water. Add the glycerin after it cooled down a bit. That's your glue-basic for this.

Now oil your form. Drape the cloth over the form. be sure it can't move. Do a lot of the glue on the cloth, it really must be soaked thorugh. Let this dry a few days. After it's dry, carefully remove the bioplastic from the form. Maybe you need cutting some edges, to make it look good though. For more details and pics see Lilli Green (sorry in German). I've tried it and it looks nice :)
Jadis

Re: How to make Bio-Plastic

Post by Jadis »

!!!!!! LAMP SHADE PROJECT :-)
Traumwandlerin

Re: How to make Bio-Plastic

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Have fun :)

I've experimented a bit and want to add a warning. Never, ever forget about the oil. Also felt is not a good option if you want to keep the form. It ruined my big pot and the felt :( The felt went so hard and despite the oil it was glued totally to my pot :( If I had used some old plastic garbage as form this would have been ok, though. So just have a look that you don't chose your best porcelain as form for the first few experiments.

The other things I've done worked out great though (even the one time I forgot the oil ^^). But I have used thick materials.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”