"Spirit guide" or "guardian," what's the difference?

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Alina_Rose

"Spirit guide" or "guardian," what's the difference?

Post by Alina_Rose »

Hi! This might sound like a silly question but I was wondering if there is a difference between a spirit guide and a guardian. If so what is it? Can they be both at the same time?
Blessed Be
Zili

"Spirit Guide" or "Guardian," what's the difference?

Post by Zili »

A guardian usually takes the form of a human, a spirit guide takes the form of an animal.
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

Oh okay thank you :)
Blessed Be
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Alina_Rose. I would say yes, they could be both. And I would say the difference between the two is more having to do with the roles they play, rather than the types of energy form they are. Everything is wrapped up in their names, "guard" and "guide." In my view, a human or an animal spirit could be a guard or a guide ...as could an angelic spirit, an extraterrestrial, or any other being I've left out, and there are many life forms in the spirit realm.

If you're in a dangerous, or stressful, or otherwise potentially threatening situation, a spirit that protects you would be your guardian. Angels could be guardians, as in "guardian angels," for example. Many people who do workings might call on a variety of spirits, like Goddess or ancestral spirits, to guard their magical space and keep the energies around and within it controlled and contained. Guardians assist us to carry out our lives until it's our time to go ...and we all must go at some point. Guardians help us "get the job done" until then.

Guides are more like teachers, advisors, or even just companions. Again, these could be human, animal or any other kind of spirit being. Some guides teach you wisdom about dealing with people or situations you find challenging. They help you glide through situations that would normally make you want to give up. They don't do the work for us, but often inspire us with our own work. Information from guides comes to different people in different ways. If you're primarily claircognizant, for example, you might get "downloads" of information and be inspired to write a whole book that seems to write itself. If you're primarily clairaudient, you might find yourself composing a whole song you just "hear" out of nowhere. It helps to find out what your particular primary psychic style is to facilitate your communications with your guides.

Guides or guardians, it doesn't matter. Your spirit guides love you and know your soul purpose. You don't have to worry about matching them up like a purse and bag, lol ("I have a guide, but omg I don't have a guardian!"). Focus less on who does what --let them worry about that, and focus more or just enjoying life and being productive. That's when guides and guardians work the best! They'd rather us just do, than intellectualize things.

Alina_Rose

Re: "Spirit Guide" or "Guardian," what's the difference?

Post by Alina_Rose »

Thanks thats really helpful! I found out that my Guide is in human form but I havent exactly met my guardian yet at least I dont think so..
Blessed Be

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”