What lurkes in the dark

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
Sammy

What lurkes in the dark

Post by Sammy »

When everything's quiet,
do you hear that noise.
It's dark and it's evil,
that small scary voice.

It giggles behind you,
you turn around.
It pushes you forward,
it makes you fall down.

It knows all your secrets.
It visits your dreams.
It makes you see things.
It loves all your screams.

Is it on your ceiling
or under your bed.
Is it in your closet,
or just in your head.

It's there and you know it,
it's calling you back.
It stands in the darkness,
it's eyes dead and black.

Just don't think about it,
go on with your life,
but for your own safety,
sleep with a knife.

The knife will not hurt it,
the knife is for you.
Cuz if it should catch you,
your better of through.

I write poems that make my friends think I'm disturbed :D
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: What lurks in the dark

Post by Starwitch »

This one is good. I can definitely relate to it, and I know a lot of other witches can too.

The other poem wasn't appropriate for this website. I'm not trying to attract killers to the site by offering torture/murder poetry. My ex is a murderer who really did stab someone's face/neck/chest/back (11 times) and killed the guy, so I'm not really wanting to relive all that gory shit. I'm sure JB and her crew could appreciate it much more though. She seems to love that kind of thing, so try posting it over there.

You seem to be a really good poet. Maybe you'd be interested in rewriting some of the dumb spells on my site. I really hate ones that don't rhyme. Some don't even make any sense (the result of 12-year-olds trying to use Old English probably). But for some reason when I think of the name "Sammy" I think that you must be one of my enemies, which means you probably wouldn't be interested in doing anything like that. Sorry if I've got you mixed up. It's really hard to remember all these different people since so many new members sign up every day. You're welcome to PM me or contact me on Facebook if you think you'd like to do some writing for EUTM.

I'm sorry I had to remove your other poem. I realize it's going to offend you. But just keep in mind that this is a spiritual/pagan website, not a horror movie/murderer/gore website. I've seen what happens here when I let people post gory stuff (and demon-related stuff). It attracts really f*cked-up people and they cause a lot of problems for the members here. So anything that could attract them gets removed. (Imagine if a serial killer is Googling "gouge your eyeballs out", it's going to bring him directly to this site.)

Yes, censorship is alive and well at EUTM, in case anyone was wondering. You'd censor stuff too if you had your own site. People think they wouldn't, but they don't understand what can happen as a result of allowing the wrong kind of content. So I hope you understand. There are lots of other sites that would be overjoyed to have poems about torture and murder, I'm sure. (There's a lot of sick mutherf*ckers in the world.)

Blessings,
Starwitch
Sammy

Re: What lurkes in the dark

Post by Sammy »

I'm sorry for posting the other poem, I didn't really think of it that way, I'm also sorry about the thing your ex did. I don't mind that you deleted it and I understand it completely.

Thank you, well I could try but I can't guarantee that the poem/chant... will be good. It could take me sometime before I find good rhymes but I don't mind :D I'm not your enemy but I think that I am the Sammy you are thinking of, I accidentally posted something that upset you and made me look like an advertiser for a different forum. Sorry again about that :)
I also prefer using spells that rhyme
To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.
The Wiccan Rede
I am not offended in any way and I am glad that you pointed that out since the other poem was inappropriate.

I hope you don't think I did this intentionally
and that you are not mad at me.
I only wish for you to see
that I wish you good and blessed be.

Return to “Poetry”