Goddess/Wicca Spirituality

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
raynelae

Goddess/Wicca Spirituality

Post by raynelae »

Hi everyone :)
Right now, in my soul, I feel so connected to the Goddess. I know She is what is calling me. Therefore, I practice a spiritual form of Wicca which I call Wicca Spirituality. My question is...do I have to believe in a god to be a Wiccan. I think right now I need to work on my connection with the Goddess, and then I will see about a god. What do you all think?
Blessed be
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Ravencry

Re: Goddess/Wicca Spirituality

Post by Ravencry »

There is a sect of Wicca called Dianic Wicca that accepts that there is a male to make a whole, but only worships the Goddess.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Hmmm...I am a male, but I feel that maybe that could work for me.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Dianic may not be for you, then...Its a feminist sect. Maybe Georgian? "The Georgians are eclectic, much based on Garnerian-Alexander plus some English traditionalist and some original...God-Goddess oriented but lean more towards the Goddess." They generally work skyclad but individual groups or individuals may do as they wish. They are both religious and magickal and celebrate the eight Sabbats.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Thank you Ravencry :) I may simply be an eclectic and see where that takes me.
Blessed be
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Ecletic makes life so much easier, trust me :D
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Dianics are not only female, there are specific groups of Dianics who do not allow men but Dianics as a whole actually are open for everyone who accepts the goddess. Just because some are extreme feminist doesn't mean they all conform to that way of thinking.

Blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Thank you both :)
I will say that I have chosen the eclectic path :)
I can say that I will be more of a Goddess worshiper, but I will also worship the Green Man :)
Blessed be

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”