element bending

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Lovingvixen

element bending

Post by Lovingvixen »

Hi.
I've always been under the impression that we should work in accordance with all the elements-not against them. Yes, it is fun & useful to have the ability to manipulate the four main elements (Self is excluded here), but I feel that we shouldn't work against such force but rather allow them to guide us, as opposed to the other way around. I feel that bending & manipulating the elements is almost putting them down in a way. (I hope that makes sense.) I feel that we should shape the element of Self to be the best it can be, but the other elements should be in control of themselves. (For the most part. As people, we have to ingest water & breathe air & stuff, but that's not quite what I'm talking about here.)

Now I'm wondering: Is there anyone else who feels this way? Does anyone know if there's a set religion or belief that describes my feelings here?

Thanks for reading & please respond if you have something to say :D
--Auttie Pattum
Love.
raynelae

Re: element bending

Post by raynelae »

The elements are a big Wiccan concept. I think of the elements as a part of me. I think they are great, helpful friends that we should all meet and experience.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Lovingvixen

Re: element bending

Post by Lovingvixen »

I completely agree :)
Love.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”