What's your thoughts...

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
southpaw

What's your thoughts...

Post by southpaw »

Ok, I'm a firm beliver that animals are more in tune with unknown things then we humans are. My Grandfather would tell me, and I saw it 1st hand, that his dog Cagney would bark his head off if my Grandfather fell or something was off in the house. In February when my Grandfather went into the hospital I was the primary caregiver for Cagney. Cagney and I had bonded prior to all of this happening, but the bond was stronger when it was just him and I.
To make a long story short, the poor puppy is driving me nuts!!!! Over the last month Cagney is attached to me at the foot. I can be in the kitchen and Cagney is allway near by. It almost seems like he knows my Grandfather is passing soon and does not want to be abandoned again....ANy ideas?

Andria
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Aww, gosh that's sweet. I'd say give him (Cagney) a bit of extra love. I've heard that after the owner passes, the pet can sometimes just wither away. Is your grandfather back with you and Cagney yet? And if not, can Cagney go visit with or stay with your grandfather?

He may be attaching to you because he already feels abandoned. His "daddy" left for an extended period of time, I'd imagine, and he doesn't know why. He may be latching on to you because he sees you as his new family.

Either way, love him and if possible, get together with your grandfather and bring Cagney. That way he'll know that his "daddy" didn't leave him, but rather just has to be away for a while.

~Blessed Be

Return to “Animals and Pets”