Mourning

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
kalicokitty

Mourning

Post by kalicokitty »

Ok. So I guess I should start with NightSky's Song. NightSky's Song was a nestling Starling I found on my porch. She was in perfect health (minus the fact that she was a little bit cold) and I have no idea how she got there. But I couldn't leave her. I took her in and fed and cared for her. She quickly grew from a bald, eyeless nestling, to a beautiful, energetic fledgling. she imprinted on me, and I loved her like she was a daughter. Then, tragedy struck. She flew into a wall and snapped her neck. It broke my heart. On instinct, I cut a lock of my hair off and buried her with it. It was a strange source of comfort. Whenever I missed her, I reached up and touched the spot on my head where the hair had been. Well, as hair does, the lock grew back. I decided I wanted to cut it again so I did. I took the hair outside a couple nights ago to a tree in my front yard and spread it in four directions around me. I sat there for a few minutes before returning inside. The next day, as I walked down my driveway from getting the mail, I found four starling feathers in the area that my hair had been. Not only that, but I couldn't find the hair I'd put there the night before. I suppose it could've blown away in the wind, except that several months my family had home done haircuts in the same place and the hair from that was STILL there.

It was weird and comforting and I thought I'd share this odd happening and see if anyone had any insight on it.
"There is nothing more melodic, than the purring of a cat."
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Mourning

Post by Starwitch »

I'm sorry for the late reply. My sincere condolences to you for the loss of your sweet little bird. I believe her spirit was sending you a message that she's okay and that her spirit is still flying around with you and that someday the two of you will fly together through the spirit realms.
:cutewitch:

Return to “In Memory Of...”