Let's talk about Lavender!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

LAVENDER
G/P/E: Masculine, Mercury, Air.
Magical attributes: Sleep, long life, peace, wishes, protection, love, purification, visions, attracting men, clarity of thought.
Uses: Has strong antiseptic qualities. Mild infusions (3 tablespoons to 6 cups of water) make a good sedative, headache treatment, and digestive aid. Used in oil or tincture form to heal cuts, burns or scalds,bites. This also acts as a tonic and may be used for colds, chills, and the flu. Lavender is an excellent aromatic, usually mixing well with other floral scents. An ingredient in the Purification bath sachet, also used in purification incenses. It is thrown onto the Midsummer fires by Witches as a sacrifice to the ancient gods. Lavender is a frequent addition to healing sachets,especially bath mixtures, and is added to incenses to cause sleep. Lavender is a great antibiotic, antidepressant, sedative and detoxify. Stimulates the immune system.

What experiences have you had with lavender? I love to make lavender oil...it has so many wonderful uses, both magickal and for healing. I'm definitely going to plant some more of it in my garden!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Holdasown

Re: Let's talk about Lavender!

Post by Holdasown »

I make a lavender oil and I use it with Damiana as an incense for Freya
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I'm sure that smells amazing!!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Lavender is amazing stuff! there are so many way to use it. There is an annual lavender festival where my Mom lives, and when it is town you can smell the lavender all the way to her house, (which is about 3 miles from the festival!!)
Another great use of this plant....for women who are still of child bearing years...if you use washable sanitary pads, (which I recommend, as we are on the Earth path!) you can stuff the lining with lavender, then offer the used lavender to the plants, they love it. It is a good way to get very in touch with your feminine self. And you smell great during your moon time! smileylove
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Wow I would love to go to that festival!!! It sounds amazing. Lavender is one of my favorite plants and I don't think you could ever have too much of it lol.
Violet

Post by Violet »

I have ground up the buds and topped cupcakes with them and put them in cookies. A little goes a very long way ;) but I love the touch of purple.
MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

I've grown to love Lavender, one day I plan on creating home made soap. I've been using so much Lavender lately cause I'm constantly suffering with headaches and it helps me go to sleep. Each time right before I go to bed, I lather myself with Lavender lotion and I sleep very soundly. Makes me feel like I'm sleeping on a big fluffy cloud. :)
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

pictures from our good friends at wikipedia

LAVENDER is one of the plant allies that is very easy to connect with and growing one is a good way to work with plant energy. They are from the Mediterranean region so remember not to over water them. Everyone should attempt to grow a lavender plant at least once, and... it is an especially good lesson in patience. halfsm
I would recommend English lavender; Lavandula angustifolia (bottom picture) it has the best and strongest fragrance of all the lavenders.
I love using it in incenses, tea, dream pillows, a pinch in the sacred pipe...
and as the other posters have mentioned, it is pretty freaking wonderful and versatile. :fairy:

BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

As burning essential oils is like a daily ritual for me, I must say lavender is one of my favourite 'go-to' oils, especially if I'm feeling anxious, stressed, tired or run down. I find it to be incredibly relaxing and helps me to re-balance and re-charge in challenging moments :)

For a reinvigoration and protection I combine it with orange and patchouli.

Blessings
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

As soon as I get money for seeds (in a few months, because im saving up for my girlfriend coming to live with me :D] I will grow lavender. Where did you get that description?
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Its funny for the past two weeks Ive been really drawn to lavender, violets, and hibiscus. Then I come in here and see this post.

I need to find some lavender to make an infused water for. Maybe Ill pick up some lavender incense today as well.
EmeraldMist

Post by EmeraldMist »

My son and I have been sick with fevers, aches, chills, and colds the past week and a half. In a pot of water on the wood stove, I mixed a few drops of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Lavender. We're getting over our illness a lot quicker than most in the area and I think it's because of my oils, increasing healthy food intake (fruits and veg), plus fresh air, and of course increasing the hand washings! Speaking of oils, next time you have a cold rub a drop or two of tea tree oil on your nose to open the airways and a few drops on your chest. I find this works great! :)
See all, be all
Be one with self
EmeraldMist

Post by EmeraldMist »

I have a Lavender bubble bath every night! So relaxing <3
See all, be all
Be one with self
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Summer here in Pacific Southeast is magnificently scorching and temperatures are towering. So my fiancee always go and hang out in a lavender bubble bath everyday. :P
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I get a-lot of headaches and sometimes have trouble sleeping and Lavender is just amazing for it. I just made a new Lavender tincture earlier today.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”